• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked News & Notes on Final Weekend of 2015 Recruiting Cycle: Talant still undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asking a kid to be a “big fish in a small pondâ€￾? Really? That has got to be the worst recruiting angle I have ever heard of.

“Hey kid, I’m a loser. Our program is a loser. If you come here, you can be the best player on a team of losers!â€￾

Wow. That is going to be another winner coaching staff for Kansas.

"And if this sales pitch appeals to you, you'll fit right in!"

I will rarely dog a recruit but I have no respect for this kid at all.....he out and out lied to several members of the Nebraska media when questioned the past couple of days about Arkansas....tells me a lot about his integrity.....not a kid I would want to play with......nor want as a Husker....Jones did it the right way.....

I hate to say but you have to wonder what they offered him....sight unseen to flip to their school.....like *** said one time we can't compete with the SEC when it comes down to it $$$$.....Mitchell, Stringfellow and now this....

Kid has already purged his twitter account of anything NU.....but it doesn't let him off the hook.....

Man I am about as mad as I have ever been right now.......

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_8bfd2526-ac20-11e4-82b9-9ba422ae0d5f.html

I blame his parents almost as much if not more. If Bo was ever right about something it was have no signing day or an open signing period starting maybe in August or each year. Not a big fan of flipping, even when we are the beneficiary, but at the last minute is maddening. I am with you RR, if his is his character, better to lose him now. Sean Callahan said he wasn't a big loss this morning on KFAB

I blame his parents almost as much if not more. If Bo was ever right about something it was have no signing day or an open signing period starting maybe in August or each year. Not a big fan of flipping, even when we are the beneficiary, but at the last minute is maddening. I am with you RR, if his is his character, better to lose him now. Sean Callahan said he wasn't a big loss this morning on KFAB

I will rarely dog a recruit but I have no respect for this kid at all.....he out and out lied to several members of the Nebraska media when questioned the past couple of days about Arkansas....tells me a lot about his integrity.....not a kid I would want to play with......nor want as a Husker....Jones did it the right way.....

I hate to say but you have to wonder what they offered him....sight unseen to flip to their school.....like *** said one time we can't compete with the SEC when it comes down to it $$$$.....Mitchell, Stringfellow and now this....

Kid has already purged his twitter account of anything NU.....but it doesn't let him off the hook.....

Man I am about as mad as I have ever been right now.......

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_8bfd2526-ac20-11e4-82b9-9ba422ae0d5f.html

RR...is this what you were referring to in the signing thread about everyone staying classy towards Sykes? I respect your information and all you provide to the board when it comes to recruiting, but I do find it a little humorous when all recruits are wonderful when coming to NU and then if someone goes against your predictions (no surprises before signing day) they can't be respected any longer. These are kids, who have their own agenda and thoughts on what is best for them. Sure, the SEC is full of questionable recruiting tactics, but to theorize that every recruit who flips was offered $ is a little silly.

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight here, especially with one of the most well respected (mod no less) posters on the board, but I will point out a double standard when I see it. I appreciate your optimism on NU football, but a little realism is necessary as well, at least in my opinion.

And thank you for providing all the info and doing the hard work that you do on the recruiting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back