• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked News & Notes on Final Weekend of 2015 Recruiting Cycle: Talant still undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this illustrates the interesting contrast between UM, UF and NU in regard to how the coaching changes went down. Muschamp announced before the season ended that he was stepping down and with no replacement immediately announced, UF's recruiting effort essentially stalled out on the spot. UF surely lost a few Mushchamp commits and for weeks there was no new staff to re-recruit them. There was ample time to look around...ample time for poaching UF prospects by other schools. At UM, Hoke was dead man walking for most of the season..... hard to recruit to that. Meanwhile, in contrast, NU's previous staff was recruiting...getting commits, building a class. The firing was somewhat of a surprise but the hiring was relatively quick, and importantly, Riley has done an incredible job to keep the recruits from the previous staff.

And actually a positive reflection on Pelini. While he wasn't a dead man walking, after Wisky he had to know he was on shaky ground and yet kept working.

I think this illustrates the interesting contrast between UM, UF and NU in regard to how the coaching changes went down. Muschamp announced before the season ended that he was stepping down and with no replacement immediately announced, UF's recruiting effort essentially stalled out on the spot. UF surely lost a few Mushchamp commits and for weeks there was no new staff to re-recruit them. There was ample time to look around...ample time for poaching UF prospects by other schools. At UM, Hoke was dead man walking for most of the season..... hard to recruit to that. Meanwhile, in contrast, NU's previous staff was recruiting...getting commits, building a class. The firing was somewhat of a surprise but the hiring was relatively quick, and importantly, Riley has done an incredible job to keep the recruits from the previous staff.

Regardless of what you want to think of the hire, our AD handled it quickly and efficiently. And he hired a guy who got right down to business as soon as he walked in. As far as avoiding a drop-off in recruiting for one year is concerned, SE handled this hire perfectly.

Very good analysis....

Thanks, but I should mention that my browser crashed a couple of times while I was writing that...and several more comments on the subject were made by you, South O, Californ, Navy that I did not see, but would have recognized in my post. Don't want you guys to think I was ignoring your posts.

Last edited:

• Brian Christopherson ‏<s>@</s>HuskerExtraBCMatt Snyder is all in. Now... who might be next? http://bit.ly/1zk3Bf5 <s>#</s>Huskers

Alex Davis, defensive end (Palm Beach Gardens, Florida): One of the most intriguing prospects still on Nebraska's board, no question. The 6-5, 220-pound recruit is currently committed to Georgia Southern. He's been more of a basketball player most of his high school career. So you'll hear him described as "raw" talent. But then, Husker fans have seen how hoopsters-turned-football players can develop: See Randy Gregory, and Avery Moss in 2013. While Davis would need time in the program to grow, he's one of those recruits coaches look at and imagine what he'd be if he did reach his ceiling. The Huskers aren't the only Power Five school offering him late in the game. Pitt, coached by former Michigan State D-coordinator Pat Narduzzi, also gave him an offer this week.

See all the rest at the link....

Thanks, but I should mention that my browser crashed a couple of times while I was writing that...and several more comments on the subject where made by you, South O, Californ, Navy that I did not see, but would have recognized in my post. Don't want you guys to think I was ignoring your posts.

No worries, Kinda camping out around here today!!

Here is one more:

Darrin Paulo, offensive lineman (Sacramento, California): A 6-7, 330-pound giant, Paulo would be one heckuva recruiting prize by O-line coach Mike Cavanaugh. Paulo is coming off a visit to Oregon. He knows Riley. He knows Cavanaugh. Now, can they convince him to leave the coast to play in the Midwest?

• Brian Christopherson ‏<s>@</s>HuskerExtraBCMatt Snyder is all in. Now... who might be next? http://bit.ly/1zk3Bf5 <s>#</s>Huskers

Alex Davis, defensive end (Palm Beach Gardens, Florida): One of the most intriguing prospects still on Nebraska's board, no question. The 6-5, 220-pound recruit is currently committed to Georgia Southern. He's been more of a basketball player most of his high school career. So you'll hear him described as "raw" talent. But then, Husker fans have seen how hoopsters-turned-football players can develop: See Randy Gregory, and Avery Moss in 2013. While Davis would need time in the program to grow, he's one of those recruits coaches look at and imagine what he'd be if he did reach his ceiling. The Huskers aren't the only Power Five school offering him late in the game. Pitt, coached by former Michigan State D-coordinator Pat Narduzzi, also gave him an offer this week.

See all the rest at the link....

Last edited:

Well it looks like Lincoln is in the 1-4 inch one, But them two Iowa schools are in the 7-11 zone! :)

Kids might as well get used to snow....if they want to play at Nebraska it should not matter.....for some it will and they will somewhere else to play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back