• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked News & Notes on Final Weekend of 2015 Recruiting Cycle: Talant still undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Ja-vee Carrillo ‏<s>@</s>javinero3 <small class="time">

</small>
    Making it big on <s>@</s>Huskermax
    1f602.png
    !! <s>#</s>GBR

Like I said really nice work by Ja-vee.....thanks for the shout out Ja-Vee....:)

Agree, and it speaks well of our AD.

And actually a positive reflection on Pelini. While he wasn't a dead man walking, after Wisky he had to know he was on shaky ground and yet kept working.

Regardless of what you want to think of the hire, our AD handled it quickly and efficiently. And he hired a guy who got right down to business as soon as he walked in. As far as avoiding a drop-off in recruiting for one year is concerned, SE handled this hire perfectly.

Agree, the way things went down at NU seems to have worked a bit better in recruiting than how it did at UM or UF. And agree, Pelini and staff should be commended for sure here, as well.

Couple more thoughts:

First, obviously nothing is a given until these recruits sign on Wednesday......

Second, I think this reflects well on the University of Nebraska and the football program itself. Even though there wasn't much time after the firing for NU recruits to jump ship (or be poached), they still had opportunity to do so before Riley was hired. None of them immediately did. It would appear they were committed to the school/football program. Riley's job was to sell himself and his staff, he did not have to sell the school. He failed with only one recruit, DE Jones.... not bad, if you ask me.

Agree, the way things went down at NU seems to have worked a bit better in recruiting than how it did at UM or UF. And agree, Pelini and staff should be commended for sure here, as well.

Couple more thoughts:

First, obviously nothing is a given until these recruits sign on Wednesday......

Second, I think this reflects well on the University of Nebraska and the football program itself. Even though there wasn't much time after the firing for NU recruits to jump ship (or be poached), they still had opportunity to do so before Riley was hired. None of them immediately did. It would appear they were committed to the school/football program. Riley's job was to sell himself and his staff, he did not have to sell the school. He failed with only one recruit, DE Jones.... not bad, if you ask me.

+1

Well said again....and due credit to Bo Pelini and staff for the work they put in to bring in commits such as Anderson, Lee, Williams and the Davis twins who are the bedrock of this class....and of course MR and staff for keeping them onboard....which is not an easy thing at all with a coaching change....and adding to the class.....kudos to all.....

Couple more thoughts:

I hope that is my image of them at Nebraska too....:) :) :)

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC · Blue Springs HS coach on Davis boys: "280-pound guys just chasing running backs down. That’s the image when I think of those guys."

reading this makes me think of that "little giants" movie. "Blow the whistle, blow the whistle!" Hopefully opposing rbs are doing that for years to come. D-line and O-line signings might not be flashy but they'll be the ones to get us back on top.

Big uglies do not have to be flashy....just blow the opposing side up....and make their lives four quarters of hell on both sides of the ball....:)

reading this makes me think of that "little giants" movie. "Blow the whistle, blow the whistle!" Hopefully opposing rbs are doing that for years to come. D-line and O-line signings might not be flashy but they'll be the ones to get us back on top.

Harvey said on the radio yesterday could be as many as 22....he went back and listen to the interview he did (media did) with Gunderson again and Gundy said 19 was the goal but that we could take as man as 7 and that was when we were sitting at 15....which means attrition...which I am sure will be discussed on the NSD presser....so we could have asa many as 6 if Gundy is correct....and he is the numbers guy for the staff.....

So RR, Still probable 4 slots? lost track of where we are at again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back