• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (8/27/22)

I'm 54 years old and have watched thousands of pro and college football games in my lifetime. I can count on probably 2 fingers the number of times I have seen an onside kick with a lead turn out well. The odds of that working to NU's advantage were spectacularly low to begin with. I still can't believe I watched that happen live.

You just padded the lead with a big play. Get NW doubting themselves a little. Kick the damn ball and at least make them go the whole length of the field to score rather than giving them a short field with instant momentum back from your own stupidity and grab 7 quick points back.

Galactically stupid football decision there. But Frost has a history of being too-clever-by half. I'm sure he thought "they won't expect it and we could demoralize them with a recovery and another score." When your margin of error has been so small--especially with special teams--you just can't take that gamble there.

Then in the post game press conference he said Whip needs to get more creative. Unbelievable.

I
I disagree but that's cool. If this year is a disaster then yes, he's gone and so will be Nebraska football so we got that going for us. There isn't ANYONE that will come here to coach of play ever again. That is the harsh reality. Sadly because I'm a Husker For Life!
I’m not sure it could get any worse- if some unknown assistant or high sshool legend coach showed up how could it be any worse? There are countless coaches like that out there who would jump at the chance. Again, it can’t get much worse.

Nebraska cursed itself when Peterson fired Solich. I don't know the antidote.
Peterson is the one and only (Maybe perlman) individual to blame for all of this BS!!!! Where is that pencil neck nimrod at nowadays? Maybe we should have some of our great "award winning" journalists have a sit down with him and find out his opinion of less than "mediocracy."

Last edited:

Peterson is the one and only (Maybe perlman) individual to blame for all of this BS!!!! Where is that pencil neck nimrod at nowadays? Maybe we should have some of our great "award winning" journalists have a sit down with him and find out his opinion of less than "mediocracy."
The last I heard he's at Pitt but that was a few years ago.

This is getting personal, isn’t it?

My granddaughter born 10/8 has not lived long enough to see a Husker victory. A second granddaughter born in April joins her.

Watched the game with my 7 year old grandson, and I swear he asked me in the third quarter, “why would they do an onside kick?”

We as the true fan base may be all that’s left! Tomorrow AM we all have to decide how to approach this season as fans.

Then in the post game press conference he said Whip needs to get more creative. Unbelievable.
He always makes ridiculous statements in his pressers, but this one ranks at the top. Getting blown out on both lines may just have more to do with it than "creativity". And he said that creativity is needed to win in the Big. Not exactly the calling card of the Big 10 West coaches. Yet they beat us like a bad child.

The last I heard he's at Pitt but that was a few years ago.
No, you're thinking of Pedersen. Perlman is still in Lincoln, and still getting paid to teach classes at the law school. :(

Edit: Sorry, I misread the post initially. You were referring to Pedey, who was fired at Pitt several years ago. Then authored a book that was widely panned.

Last edited:
This is getting personal, isn’t it?

My granddaughter born 10/8 has not lived long enough to see a Husker victory. A second granddaughter born in April joins her.

Watched the game with my 7 year old grandson, and I swear he asked me in the third quarter, “why would they do an onside kick?”

We as the true fan base may be all that’s left! Tomorrow AM we all have to decide how to approach this season as fans.
In contrast, my son was born in the summer of '94. He was over 2 before we lost a game. 3 natties in his first 4 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back