• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (8/27/22)

Nebraska Defensive Sacks ..... 1 :Banana:. And gave up 528 total yards :Whiteflag:. Last year, Cat's received a measly 116 total offense rankings ..... same QB, same RB.

Northwestern Defensive Sacks ..... 7. Total defense, 101 rankings (NW last year)

Last edited:

Can Whipple just pick up and leave? I would think his hefty salary would be worth sticking around for, even if his boss wants input into play calling.

But if SF and Whipple haven’t developed a supportive working relationship, nothing else really matters. Ie: if Whipple can’t accept constructive suggestion from his boss, then he probably isn’t going to be open minded enough to succeed in the task in front of him.
But why make it public
he threw him under the bus
you think Scott calls great plays? Creative? Not when it blows up in his face!
I don't think so.

They are not that good.
we handed this game to them
we're more like 2 10 than they are 10 2!
3-9. FCS North Dakota, Ga. Southern win in O.T., and Rutgers or Hoosiers.

Final standings in BIG West:

NW .... 1 win & 8 losses. Maybe 2 wins.​
NU .... 1 win & 8 losses. Pending on SF will be in charge (likely)​
Battle of last place .... same thing last year.

Last edited:
ONE game really 4 seasons worth and counting.
In our eyes...was referring to players. This latest boner will negatively affect recruiting and have players thinking WTH also. But yeah, for the 4 yr. players we have, prolly dumbfounded too. Would think the trip home is uncomfortable every which way.

But why make it public
he threw him under the bus
you think Scott calls great plays? Creative? Not when it blows up in his face!
I don't think so.

You are asking and answering a different question. You are focused on addressing whether Frost should have seemingly “called out” his OC from the podium. I was questioning whether Whipple could or would simply leave because he was offended by the assumed slight. He is under contract after all. I suggested it is not in his interest to be thin skinned unless he is just loaded with cash as he enters retirement. i was also suggesting that the assertion that Whipple would walk out is based on an unproven premise, that SF and MW have not developed a supportive relationship and that Whipple is fragile and unprofessional.

To answer your question though, no, there was no reason for SF to make the comment he made. If he wanted to say something, it should have started with “we” need to be more creative in play calling, not his coaches need to be. He seems not to recognize that any failure by his staff is his failure too. If his coaches aren’t prepared for calling games in B1G games, it is his fault. He should have prepared them.

But I certainly don’t know SF enough to know for sure what goes on his head. But it’s clearly a bad look and a breach of the leadership principle of praising in public and criticize in private. Having said that, we may be overthinking things. It could simply be that SF simply ”not have way with words”.

Team is not mentally weak this yeat far from it

As friend just said we have a selfish narcissist coach who tried to get cute to put his stamp on the game and he cost us yet again

Arguably the worst decision he has made at Nebraska

You know what he has the talent and leadership this year if he would go park his butt on the bench these kids might actually save his job for him along with the coaches

The only one who lacks trust and belief is him

That is it in a nutshell

That is heartbreakingly accurate. A well-written indictment of our HC.

Was this “elite,” HCSF? No, it was not. It is time to move on.

Yes, I agree that neither the fumble replay being missed or even the onside kick decision cost the HUSKERS the game. Those two plays turned out to an important part of the loss but there were quite a few other reasons the HUSKERS didn't win this game.
Yes, in the trenches. That is where games are won and lost. Until that gets resolved, expect a long and gut-wrenching season of disappointments.

No defensive rush, no defensive penetration, no secondary, and missed assignments by the linebackers/corners.

Dropping passes, missing open receivers, no protection, interceptions, no run game, no offensive line production, fumbles, and really stupid decision-making by Frost.

Yup, it all adds up to another loss, just like last season.

Game stats tell the story.

NEB NOR
FIRST DOWNS ............24 26
RUSHING ...............4 12

PASSING ..............16 14
PENALTY ...............4 0
RUSHES-NET YDS .... 31-111 47-214
NET YARDS PASSING .....355 313
COMP-ATT-INT ... 25-42-2 27-38-0
TOTAL OFFENSE ..... 73-466 85-527
FUMBLE-LOST ...........1-1 1-1
PENALIZED-YARDS ...... 1-5 8-65
PUNTS-AVERAGE ...... 6-283 6-245
PUNT RETURNS-YDS ..... 0-0 0-0
K.O. RETURNS-YDS .... 3-62 1-18
INTERCEPTIONS-YDS .... 0-0 2-34
POSSESSION TIME .... 25:48 34:12

THIRD-DOWN CONV. .... 9-16 7-17
FOURTH-DOWN CONV. .... 0-0 1-1
RED ZONE SCORES ...... 2-2 4-5
SACKS BY-YARDS ....... 0-0 2-19

You are asking and answering a different question. You are focused on addressing whether Frost should have seemingly “called out” his OC from the podium. I was questioning whether Whipple could or would simply leave because he was offended by the assumed slight. He is under contract after all. I suggested it is not in his interest to be thin skinned unless he is just loaded with cash as he enters retirement. i was also suggesting that the assertion that Whipple would walk out is based on an unproven premise, that SF and MW have not developed a supportive relationship and that Whipple is fragile and unprofessional.

To answer your question though, no, there was no reason for SF to make the comment he made. If he wanted to say something, it should have started with “we” need to be more creative in play calling, not his coaches need to be. He seems not to recognize that any failure by his staff is his failure too. If his coaches aren’t prepared for calling games in B1G games, it is his fault. He should have prepared them.

But I certainly don’t know SF enough to know for sure what goes on his head. But it’s clearly a bad look and a breach of the leadership principle of praising in public and criticize in private. Having said that, we may be overthinking things. It could simply be that SF simply ”not have way with words”.
Whip won’t quit unless SF really really really POs him this week (everybody has a breaking point so it is possible).

I think Whip most likely knows there are only 5 weeks to endure and then at the end of the season he gets a big pile of cash.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: paid administrative leave. (I think this is the best thing Trev could do for Frost, The coaches, the team, and the fans.)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back