• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (8/27/22)

From the presser.

Frost called the onside kick.
Thinks the O needs to be more creative.

On the last one, it sure sounds like he wants to take back over for Whipple. I’m guessing Whipple may leave before Frost does if that happens.
Can Whipple just pick up and leave? I would think his hefty salary would be worth sticking around for, even if his boss wants input into play calling.

But if SF and Whipple haven’t developed a supportive working relationship, nothing else really matters. Ie: if Whipple can’t accept constructive suggestion from his boss, then he probably isn’t going to be open minded enough to succeed in the task in front of him.

I believe Micky was brought in to be interim if necessary. No time like the present….

Can Whipple just pick up and leave? I would think his hefty salary would be worth sticking around for, even if his boss wants input into play calling.

But if SF and Whipple haven’t developed a supportive working relationship, nothing else really matters. Ie: if Whipple can’t accept constructive suggestion from his boss, then he probably isn’t going to be open minded enough to succeed in the task in front of him.

Any such constructive criticism should be given in person and not to the media in a press conference. Unbelievable that he went there in the presser. And it wasn’t constructive at all given the situation. Just another in a long line of inexplicable public statements.

Any such constructive criticism should be given in person and not to the media in a press conference. Unbelievable that he went there in the presser. And it wasn’t constructive at all given the situation. Just another in a long line of inexplicable public statements.

So that means Whipple walks away from a big paycheck? Maybe, but seems well worth it to let it play out and walk away with a suitcase full of cash. But not everyone thinks like me. Maybe Whipple is thin skinned and has more money than he could ever spend already.

I believe Micky was brought in to be interim if necessary. No time like the present….
That might be urban legend.

The irony is that there is no greater reason to believe MJ is any more likely to succeed than SF has. Four years ago, SF was considered a can‘t miss hire. Maybe MJ is the next big thing. Or maybe he is just a great position coach that will flounder as a head coach like so many do. I guess you never know unless you give them a try. But it’s hardly a slam dunk hire any more than SF turned out to be.

Officials were alright! We got away with PI a time or two. The fumble replay might have been missed but it didn't cost us the game
Yes, I agree that neither the fumble replay being missed or even the onside kick decision cost the HUSKERS the game. Those two plays turned out to an important part of the loss but there were quite a few other reasons the HUSKERS didn't win this game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back