• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

I really don’t think Frost and his offensive staff get it yet. This isn’t like the AAC where you can put up 50 on every team on the schedule. Their offense seems to be based on keeping their foot on the gas. They simply don’t think about being conservative and protecting a lead. It’s all about putting up more points.

I was worried whether or not Frost and staff would be a fit away from the AAC, where nobody plays defense. It's a real problem if we need to rely on our offense scoring 40-50 to win games. There's some Big Ten defenses that are going to pose some huge challenges for our struggling offense. Seems we need to move the ball successfully with finesse plays because we obviously cannot pound the ball between the tackles. That's not a good formula in the Big Ten. We absolutely need Martinez to play smart -- and he's not.

Tell that to Ohio State

When and if Nebraska has the athletes Ohio State has, Frost can run the same type of offense he did at UCF. Right now he’s got nowhere near the athletes Ohio State’s got.

He needs to dial back his offensive playcalling and figure out how to win lower scoring, close games.

When and if Nebraska has the athletes Ohio State has, Frost can run the same type of offense he did at UCF. Right now he’s got nowhere near the athletes Ohio State’s got.

He needs to dial back his offensive playcalling and figure out how to win lower scoring, close games.
I don’t personally agree with you, but I appreciate your perspective.

This is the same offense that kept us in every game last season, save Michigan.

We have problems....
We should have won that game....
We should have won others.....

But I don’t think it’s the style of offense that we run.

Sad part is I'm not that worked up about the loss, guess I'm used to it by now,
Time to focus on the next tailgate!

There was a reason Nebraska ran cover 1 twice all first half. They were double teaming Shenault and it just took CU awhile to figure it out. CU adjusted- didn’t look like the the Big Red did any adjustments.

It is shocking to me that in this day and age of big time college football programs a team at ANY level would have only one decent option at kicker on the roster.

I don’t get the OT play calls. Should have thrown or done something else on 1st down. Just wasted the first two downs with fairly simple run plays with no real option for AM. If you’re running, why not do a read option at least. I would have thrown theee straight times myself. They just didn’t do anything very creative there. And AM cannot take a sack there.

I seem to recall that the offense struggled early last year until Frost decided that AM needed to get more involved in the run game. Once the QB was a threat, things opened up. AM as a drop back passer doesn’t appear to be working well so far. But what do I know.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back