• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

Tucker is a first time head coach....first year....took over the proverbial 'dumpster fire". i dont want to hear about about rebuilding, young staff, etc. That is a team that should not have been within shouting distance of nu in the 4th after being down 17-0 at half. Folded like a cheap suit.

Hard not to feel that way. Huskers sucked that game away in the 3rd & 4th qtr . . . coaches and players. So damn tired of the Huskers looking like 1980's Kansas.

Last edited:

I didn't buy into the high expectations, picking 8-4 so I'm not shocked by this result. But I think this might have been a swing game as far as our record between maybe 8- to 7-5 or 7-5 to 6-6.

You have to feel bad for 51. Snapped very well till the last offensive snap. That might have cost us. Who knows what would have happened there. A lot of improvement from week one to week two for him though.

Tough luck with our primary pk being out.

Going forward we need to get the interior run game going (aside from QB runs). A bit more success inside might have helped sustain a drive in the 3rd Q. That might have been enough.

We need to get our PK healthy.

We need at least one high end big WR that we can use on passes in the red zone, jump balls, back shoulder throws, and slants. We don't have him on the roster yet.

I think there are a lot of overreactions. The way we played in the first half was very dominant. It's going to take time, especially after two 4-8 seasons, to get the program back on track.

Well you first need a rb that will take it north and south and stick it up in there and I do mean hard.

Secondly....you need to Call those plays to begin with.

We looked for the second game in a row out of shape, weaker than the team we were playing and soft especially in offense.

Oh and don’t let me forget that those play calls contribute to ones defense being on the field more and wearing our own guys out.

This one is 100% on the coaches strategy, prep and play calls. I did see a lot of effort, you can tell the kids care and played their butts off.

How can that be, Duval is the second coming of Boyd.

C

Last edited:
Except they didn’t keep the foot on the peddle when it was 17-0 IMO

Yes they did. Or at least I think they thought they did. They kept calling pass plays and went completely away from the run game with both AM and Mills. Maybe they did that in an effort to keep Martinez from taking too much of a beating, but it clearly was a terrible strategy.

Such a wasted opportunity with all the buildup and energy that went into this game. Squarely on the head man’s shoulders.

Yes they did. Or at least I think they thought they did. They kept calling pass plays and went completely away from the run game with both AM and Mills. Maybe they did that in an effort to keep Martinez from taking too much of a beating, but it clearly was a terrible strategy.
I don't think they did. Almost all of the passes were no more than 3 yards downfield.

But hard to throw downfield when AM is totally lost.

We have a lot of issues on offense.

The offensive line does not run block very well.
Mills does not see the holes very well.
Washington is just a perimeter runner and defenses will know that.
We have two receivers who have caught one pass between them the entire year. That leaves only Spielman, Robinson, the TE and RB as pass options. Allen and Noa are not going to scare any defense and they cannot get open.
Martinez does not get out of the pocket enough.
Our play calling based on personnel sets is pretty predictable.
All of those things make it tough to be consistent offensively.

The O line play could get better, but the issues at WR and RB are going to be tough to fix unless there are some young guys who can step up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back