• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado (9/7/19)

I don’t get the OT play calls. Should have thrown or done something else on 1st down. Just wasted the first two downs with fairly simple run plays with no real option for AM. If you’re running, why not do a read option at least. I would have thrown theee straight times myself. They just didn’t do anything very creative there. And AM cannot take a sack there.

I really don’t think Frost and his offensive staff get it yet. This isn’t like the AAC where you can put up 50 on every team on the schedule. Their offense seems to be based on keeping their foot on the gas. They simply don’t think about being conservative and protecting a lead. It’s all about putting up more points.
Except they didn’t keep the foot on the peddle when it was 17-0 IMO

The least of our problems right now, but College Game Day isn't coming for the Ohio State game. And that's probably a good thing, because we may get blown out.

I cant figure out how our defense almost every game plays well and plays poorly in the same game.
How many times in the last 14 games has this defense been burned while blitzing on 3rd and long? It happened at 2 critical times today one resulting in a touchdown. It comes down to the guy calling the defense.

Yeah, not being able to really stop anything anything all half and giving up 31 points in 2 quarters. Yep...they did all they could! LOL!

Yep, unfortunately, yep. Colorado figured out our defense and owned us in the second half. They could run, throw, catch, bull us over, and out-scheme us. I'm trying to not picture what Josh Fields will do to us.

Well, Frost is still a young head coach. He will learn and hopefully improve. Honestly, if he can't pull off a resurrection for Nebraska football, then no one can. It will take time. We just need to be patient and support the team.

Agree whole-heartedly, but unfortunately you are trying to hand out coffee at a frat house kegger. Nobody here is interest in "reason" right now.
I was just so pumped at half that we looked like we were finally righting the ship.... Then we ran aground.

And do you think it is in the best interest to move away from your highly talented SOPHOMORE QB because he has struggled a little here early in the year? And please, dont tell me Vedral was the answer there today. For the love of God.
I know he is young, but that isn't an excuse in this day and age.

Vedral may at least hold onto the ball. Rewatch that 2nd half and find more things that he did reasonably well and compare it to his disasters.

I really don’t think Frost and his offensive staff get it yet. This isn’t like the AAC where you can put up 50 on every team on the schedule. Their offense seems to be based on keeping their foot on the gas. They simply don’t think about being conservative and protecting a lead. It’s all about putting up more points.
If true, we've got a long road ahead.

I just don't understand how we lose that game. I have said it before...you have to run the clock down when you are leading a game in the 2nd half (esp. away). You can still go no huddle but let the clock run down...this is Game #2 (Northwestern last year was game 1) where we could have helped the defense by running clock and shorten the game.

Well you first need a rb that will take it north and south and stick it up in there and I do mean hard.

Secondly....you need to Call those plays to begin with.

We looked for the second game in a row out of shape, weaker than the team we were playing and soft especially in offense.

Oh and don’t let me forget that those play calls contribute to ones defense being on the field more and wearing our own guys out.

This one is 100% on the coaches strategy, prep and play calls. I did see a lot of effort, you can tell the kids care and played their butts off.

Last edited:

I know he is young, but that isn't an excuse in this day and age.

Vedral may at least hold onto the ball. Rewatch that 2nd half and find more things that he did reasonably well and compare it to his disasters.
I can’t tell if you’re trolling, or really that clueless

Offensive line? Givem time they young. I know we act like melennials and want it NOW!

We’ve been saying excuses like that in one way or another for the past 15 years. This offensive line isn’t any better than any of the rest of those lines.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back