• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska still holds "serious cache"????!? Very Very Debatable. Not according to the major networks. And, I don't get why so many folks are bellyaching over this. It is one stinking game. Not all 7 home games. Suck it up and deal with it gang, that is just the way it is. You don't have to like it but accept it and roll with the punches.
Obviously, I don’t like it, at all. I’m not alone. I’d say the majority hate it.

They don’t, they play Iowa on a Friday. There are 6-7 teams that don’t play on any Fridays at all, why not one of them?
Ummm even the Big is smart enough to know this is a protected designated game. So it doesn't count.
Of course, since its like any other Friday game as some proclaim, we should only play it when it is our turn to play it, every other year since either Iowa or US fulfill our Friday requirements, and maybe the Big IS dumb enough to let us get away with our showcase game and its counted like any other Friday game.
Good thing Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday of November and not held on the actual day with this mindset.
I mean, since its like any other time, why not?

Any excuse to create a picked on attitude isn't a good look. Lets be real here. Lets also start ripping butt and earn a few Fridays off.

Cushion ......

11/2-11/14 (Thursday) ...... 12 days
11/14-11/23 .... 9 days .... 2 more days to prepare Wisconsin

11/2-11/16 (Saturday).... 14 days
11/16-11/23 .... only 7 days. Plus long trip from LAX to Lincoln
Just as a reminder. TEAMS GET TO PICK THE TIME OF THEIR HOMECOMING GAME. ALL OUR AWAY TEAMS HAVE PICKED US FOR HOMECOMING. BO TEAM WILL CHOOSE THURSDAY OR FRIDAY FOR HOMECOMING. DO I NEED TO YELL IT LOUDER?

Ummm even the Big is smart enough to know this is a protected designated game. So it doesn't count.
Of course, since its like any other Friday game as some proclaim, we should only play it when it is our turn to play it, every other year since either Iowa or US fulfill our Friday requirements, and maybe the Big IS dumb enough to let us get away with our showcase game and its counted like any other Friday game.
Good thing Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday of November and not held on the actual day with this mindset.
I mean, since its like any other time, why not?

Any excuse to create a picked on attitude isn't a good look. Lets be real here. Lets also start ripping butt and earn a few Fridays off.
Amen brother. And people wonder why fans of other teams call us cry babies.

This is pretty simple. To get the big tv package money everyone wants the B1G has to schedule one Friday night game a week. Games that would normally get low ratings get moved to a Friday hoping to up that games rating. Why take a high ranked game from a rated team and move it to Friday night? We have earned our Friday spot.

This is pretty simple. To get the big tv package money everyone wants the B1G has to schedule one Friday night game a week. Games that would normally get low ratings get moved to a Friday hoping to up that games rating. Why take a high ranked game from a rated team and move it to Friday night? We have earned our Friday spot.
Michigan and Ohio State don't play on a Friday why do we have to do it?

Well if it didn't take us 2 or 3 years to win as many games as they win in 1 year maybe we wouldn't have to worry about it either.

Michigan and Ohio State don't play on a Friday why do we have to do it?

Well if it didn't take us 2 or 3 years to win as many games as they win in 1 year maybe we wouldn't have to worry about it either.
To your first statement. Their TV ratings are extraordinary on Saturdays. Ours aren't. Unless we are playing them. Our Illinois/Nebraska game on Friday will have a higher rating on National TV than it would on the B1G network that Saturday.

Who's to say we won't be ranked by then?

So three bad loses in 10 years relegates us to Friday night games? Are you like 19 years old?
Nah man. I'm 38 and was bred into husker football since I was like 2 years old.

I'm actually quite knowledgeable when it comes to football. You want me to site some of the other terrible performances over the years?
Don't come at me like that

Same as last year, Huskers at Illini, Friday night, FS1 telecast. Huskers won .... underdog I believe.

1920x1080 wallpapers ..... change Illini date. UTEP and USC change dates too?
xUr1NZ8.png

TjNyPzy.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back