• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralistically. If Nebraska High Schools wanted to. They could easily move games that week to Saturday. Other states have Saturday HS games all the time. Would probably be an easy sell as long as it is just that week.
There's a lot of season ticket holders in South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas. I don't think those States care about NU scheduling conflicts.

So much hand wringing and breathless protest. Most of us would prefer to play on Saturday. Ok. This game is the hand we are dealt.

Here's what I know will happen:

Nebraska fans will still pack the stadium. Nebraska fans will turn this into a gigantic party. Night game atmosphere in Memorial stadium will be outrageous. Restaurants and Bars will do heavy pre and post game business. Tailgating will still happen and may even be more fun than usual. More eyeballs will be on this game Friday night, than if we played Saturday.
TV ratings will be higher than usual. Serious recruits will still find ways to attend, others will see the atmosphere on television, even if it's recorded. The players will be jacked up to play the 400th under the lights in front of fans who are juiced and ready in Memorial stadium.

Yes, a lot of people will need to make adjustments for this schedule change. Most will adjust, make the most of it, and find a way to enjoy the event. We're Nebraskans. It's in our blood. It's what we do...

GO BIG RED!

Some of you just don't get it. It's not me that's conflicted, it's the high school kids & their families & fans who now can't go to the game or even watch them live. Also they now have maybe half the stands or more empty because many fans will go see the Huskers.

Last edited:

Some of you just don't get it. It's not me that's conflicted, it's the high school kids & their families & fans who now can't go to the game or even watch them live. Also they now have maybe half the stands or more empty because many fans will go see the Huskers.
Yep. Stuff happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back