• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
To your first statement. Their TV ratings are extraordinary on Saturdays. Ours aren't. Unless we are playing them. Our Illinois/Nebraska game on Friday will have a higher rating on National TV than it would on the B1G network that Saturday.
And it won't be until we start winning as many games in a year as they do. If and when we get to that point, we can go back to complaining about 11 am games

Never thought I’d live long enough to see NU play a home confrence game on a Friday that wasn’t thanksgiving. Bad idea. People travel from all over to get there. I hate this. If it was in champaign, Illinois, I’d have zero issue. Can’t believe the AD ok’d this nonsense. Strike one IMO.
It seems like we've gotten less and less input on whether or not these games are allowed. I don't think there are many of these schools that want a Friday game. Not sure we have the clout to be able refuse playing on Fridays, regardless of home or away.

Nah man. I'm 38 and was bred into husker football since I was like 2 years old.

I'm actually quite knowledgeable when it comes to football. You want me to site some of the other terrible performances over the years?
Don't come at me like that
Well Mr. Knowledgeable I'm sorry those terrible performances have skewed your view of the Huskers over the years. I prefer to remember the great performances over the years, none of which occurred on a Friday not named Black. Fridays are for high schoolers.

And the word you you're looking for is 'cite'.

Compared with other changes that don't seem to cause as much anguish (gambling, liquor in stands, million dollar contracts for 19 year old kids) this hardly moves the needle.

This year. That is the key. This year.
Michigan and tOSU have come out and send they will not ever play a Friday night football game.

Yet the B1G conference agreed to TV contracts that require Friday night football games. So the other 16 or 14 or 12 teams in the conference have to fulfill that requirement?

There's an arrogance that exists that they are better, they are different, that they are subject to a different set of rules than the rest of us.

So you're saying that next year those teams will have to play a Friday night game? I do not believe that will happen. How long before those schools go "Texas" on this conference ... such as kicking out current members or agreeing to imbalanced revenue distributions ...

Well Mr. Knowledgeable I'm sorry those terrible performances have skewed your view of the Huskers over the years. I prefer to remember the great performances over the years, none of which occurred on a Friday not named Black. Fridays are for high schoolers.

And the word you you're looking for is 'cite'.
Auto correct is a thing. I also prefer to remember the better memories however I'm realistic and adaptive

Michigan and tOSU have come out and send they will not ever play a Friday night football game.

Yet the B1G conference agreed to TV contracts that require Friday night football games. So the other 16 or 14 or 12 teams in the conference have to fulfill that requirement?

There's an arrogance that exists that they are better, they are different, that they are subject to a different set of rules than the rest of us.

So you're saying that next year those teams will have to play a Friday night game? I do not believe that will happen. How long before those schools go "Texas" on this conference ... such as kicking out current members or agreeing to imbalanced revenue distributions ...
I am saying tje B1G will put a schedule together that works.

1) Friday Nights are for High School Football and cheering on future Huskers.
2) A lot of season ticket holders are outside 100 mile radius. There are a number of us that are 200-250 mile radius and further.
3) Money won the day, and local corporate donors are going to have to pony up even more to make this a sell out, especially if Illinois returns unsold tickets.
4) I'll be cheering on Ankeny Hawks football that night.
5) I'm considering letting my season tickets go un-used that night as a boycot and hoping others would to, to show a semi-empty "400th consecutive sell out" stadium. Guessing actual attendance will be around 80k regardless. It's going to look stupid on TV as they hype a "sell-out"

I am saying tje B1G will put a schedule together that works.
The appeal of the B10 to me was the NFL-like approach to revenue sharing an almost opposite approach to the Texas dominance of the B12. I hope your right - I am skeptical that you will be!

1) Friday Nights are for High School Football and cheering on future Huskers.
2) A lot of season ticket holders are outside 100 mile radius. There are a number of us that are 200-250 mile radius and further.
3) Money won the day, and local corporate donors are going to have to pony up even more to make this a sell out, especially if Illinois returns unsold tickets.
4) I'll be cheering on Ankeny Hawks football that night.
5) I'm considering letting my season tickets go un-used that night as a boycot and hoping others would to, to show a semi-empty "400th consecutive sell out" stadium. Guessing actual attendance will be around 80k regardless. It's going to look stupid on TV as they hype a "sell-out"
Wow

This is pretty simple. To get the big tv package money everyone wants the B1G has to schedule one Friday night game a week. Games that would normally get low ratings get moved to a Friday hoping to up that games rating. Why take a high ranked game from a rated team and move it to Friday night? We have earned our Friday spot.
Exactly, and since there's maybe 13 weeks or potential Fridays per season, we are well beyond having 13 teams in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back