• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Friday night, September 20th, against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really really don't understand why it's that big of a deal

1. Dozen or so Lincoln area high school games Friday nights. Move them or compete for interest.
2. Outside of Lincoln-Omaha, ticket holders’ travel will be difficult and work day lost. In Lincoln-Omaha, even worse rush hour gridlock.
3. School day parking and tail gates conflict.
4. Fridays before Saturday games biggest restaurant days for Lincoln restaurants. Lost money.
5. Other UNL events already scheduled for that Friday (eg Lied Center)
6. Lost recruit weekend at opportune time.

That’s why UNL didn’t want it, but understands it has no choice. I notice all the four new teams are hosting on Friday night too.

I've said it twice. One more time, if people don't get it...
The Bigs rules allow for all homecoming games, that those teams make the call on when they play.
We have four opponents who we play on their homecoming, all of course on Saturdays. We are required to play one Friday game this year, which works even if you play at an opponents field.
With those games being homecoming none of our away games will be on Friday, period.
I think you might need a megaphone for the people in the back. LOL

You don’t get the prime spots generally, unless you win, a lot. Moving games to a Friday night is ignorant, stupid, and dumb. NU has a stadium that holds 90,000 people. Name one other school, with a stadium this big, that plays on Friday nights, at home? I’ll wait. Even with its struggles, NU is still the 8th winningest program all time, and still holds serious cache.

Nebraska still holds "serious cache"????!? Very Very Debatable. Not according to the major networks. And, I don't get why so many folks are bellyaching over this. It is one stinking game. Not all 7 home games. Suck it up and deal with it gang, that is just the way it is. You don't have to like it but accept it and roll with the punches.

XHohYFP.png

NU at USC. From 11/16 (Saturday) to 11/14 (Thursday) ????

Because both Huskers and Trojans bye weeks.

Last edited:
1. Dozen or so Lincoln area high school games Friday nights. Move them or compete for interest.
2. Outside of Lincoln-Omaha, ticket holders’ travel will be difficult and work day lost. In Lincoln-Omaha, even worse rush hour gridlock.
3. School day parking and tail gates conflict.
4. Fridays before Saturday games biggest restaurant days for Lincoln restaurants. Lost money.
5. Other UNL events already scheduled for that Friday (eg Lied Center)
6. Lost recruit weekend at opportune time.

That’s why UNL didn’t want it, but understands it has no choice. I notice all the four new teams are hosting on Friday night too.
The only one of these I see as tough to overcome is Number 6. All the rest are not that hard to work around.
1. as already discussed not hard for those games to move to Saturday. California, Maryland, Florida all manage to pull this off? Many states have gone to Saturday morning games because they lead to less off field violence in heavy gang areas.
2. Do you really think those folks won't take one vacation day to make a game? How long have you been a Nebraska fan?
3. UNL could EASILY cancel classes that day.
4. Most people will try to stay in Lincoln either Thursday or Friday nights. So, it may be spread out but losses there should be minimal.
5. Are we really such a weak fan base that we cannot handle more than one event at a time?

9SKP5ck.png

NU at USC. From 11/16 (Saturday) to 11/14 (Thursday) ????

Because both Huskers and Trojans bye weeks.
LMAO oh your serious... well then OK???? So you are worried about traffic on a week day in Lincoln. But you think we can pull off a Thursday night game in Downtown LA. the 3rd most populated city in the world. Riiiiiight!!!!

OSU, Michigan and Penn St don’t play Friday games because networks want them available for Prime Time on Saturdays. When NU plays in Prime Time on Saturday, it is to watch us get beat by one of the above. We aren’t that good anymore.

Yep, then PSU in 2002, Texas tech in 2004, Wisconsin in 2012 all happened amongst more.

I will stand on a high pedestal about our program (and I actually know xs and os because I coach) but come on...
So three bad loses in 10 years relegates us to Friday night games? Are you like 19 years old?

LMAO oh your serious... well then OK???? So you are worried about traffic on a week day in Lincoln. But you think we can pull off a Thursday night game in Downtown LA. the 3rd most populated city in the world. Riiiiiight!!!!
Cushion ......

11/2-11/14 (Thursday) ...... 12 days
11/14-11/23 .... 9 days .... 2 more days to prepare Wisconsin

11/2-11/16 (Saturday).... 14 days
11/16-11/23 .... only 7 days. Plus long trip from LAX to Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back