• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

so your basically running me in circles while I am trying to pile drive CM? nice :Biggrin:

there is a large segment of fans that bow at the alter of parity. If they believe in it, they should give it credence in our situation. it would be intellectually dishonest not to
In their minds, TO won at an 80% clip because he didn't face parity
they ought to cut Bo some slack because of the pressures of dealing with an issue TO never had to
plus cleaning up callllllly's mess, as compared to Devaney's mess
Bo's 9/10 win seasons make TO's pale in comparison due to parity

Holy crap.

Getting their arses HANDED to them by UCLA after UCLA woke up and LOSING to a crappy Minnesota team constitutes competitive to you? No wonder you're on a crusade to save Bo.

Very good point. You do know the start time for that game was 9 a.m. PDT, right?

Holy crap.

Uncle Buck - Parity. We get it. It's real. It plays a part. Got it and partly agree.

huskerator - Frankie. Most of us love Frank. He's a Husker. Always will be. Got jobbed by Pedey. Did a helluva coaching job in Ohio. Got it.

cm - Dude.....You've got a man crush on Bo. Whatever floats your boat, you're not changing anybody's mind. The teams performance will change peoples minds. Barfie wrote an article on Monday. Basically said that with 12 games a season and with NU's schedule and home field advantage, 6 wins are a gimme for NU. That's pretty accurate. So Pelini is batting .500 out of the gate. It's what NU does in the other 6 games that's what Pelini gets paid for. So for 6 seasons, NU has been consistent for 2 blowouts per season and a couple of other losses (parity if you want. Throwing you a bone Buck). So Bo is pretty consistent at going 2 - 4 in the money games. Not so hot. Throw in the decline of the defense, the inexplicable commitment to TM, even when he's not healthy, the non-existence of a punt return game, taking 4 star players and making them look like 1 star players, most of us are done. I'm ready for the unknown of another coach no matter what arguments you're throwing out. Our players deserve better.

:nod:

shoot, winning % close to 80%
after 2001, I was VERY happy with Frank, as I was with TO after 4 seasons
if you weren't, I'm not sure you are one that can be happy
not reasonable to be displeased with that

show me where I've stated I'm perfectly happy with Bo.
just more credibility issues on your part

Well, Frank was 16-10 after 2001 for a 61.54% winning percentage and I wasn't shocked in the least. Laugh all you want, but I was right.

there is a large segment of fans that bow at the alter of parity. If they believe in it, they should give it credence in our situation. it would be intellectually dishonest not to
In their minds, TO won at an 80% clip because he didn't face parity
they ought to cut Bo some slack because of the pressures of dealing with an issue TO never had to
plus cleaning up callllllly's mess, as compared to Devaney's mess
Bo's 9/10 win seasons make TO's pale in comparison due to parity

I need Bo to make our team more competitive across the board. It has never been about wins and losses for me. Its been about competing and showing improvement. Parity or not, I need to see his teams tackle better, fumble less and get out of their own shadows.

I need Bo to make our team more competitive across the board. It has never been about wins and losses for me. Its been about competing and showing improvement. Parity or not, I need to see his teams tackle better, fumble less and get out of their own shadows.
right there with ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back