• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
It’s not that the Huskers aren’t winning like they used to. It’s that it doesn’t seem to matter.Because if it did matter, Pelini wouldn’t have made it past his fifth straight season of four losses. If it did matter, Pelini wouldn’t have made it past Sunday morning.
If it did matter, Pelini wouldn’t have made it past Monday afternoon, after he said today’s players lacked—I can’t believe I’m writing this—“natural football instinct” and “common sense” from those of years past. Hey, you, at Alabama, you lack instinct. ...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...le-bo-pelini-and-urban-meyer-need-adjustments

You may or may not agree with him, but the evidence if piling up that many outsiders don't think Pelini is getting it done and firing him at some point soon is not out of the question. So if you do want to fire Pelini now or soon, that means - despite what some yahoos say here on this board - you

1. Are not a bad fan
  2. Are not lacking class or perspective
  3. Do not have to worry others around the nation will think we are spoiled

Last edited:

And this...

The most damning evidence of all for Pelini: these last two-plus years of nothingness has come against maybe the worst dip in talent ever in the Big Ten. What happens when the league cycles back up?

I mean, if anyone in the state of Nebraska cares anymore.

Yikes! I think people will definitely understand if we fire Bo.

Last edited:
Because Matt Hayes and Stew Mandel and Mark May are the voices of reason in this discussion?

They couldn't have any possible motives for stirring the pot, could they?

None of them have any vested interest in NU's long term success, so of course they advocate we take a fire and forget approach that is likely to relegate Nebraska to the 1950s dark ages.

And frankly, yes, if someone thinks Bo should be fired today, they lack perspective (and are likely spoiled). I don't really care about trying to figure out if they are a bad fan or lack class.

Because Matt Hayes and Stew Mandel and Mark May are the voices of reason in this discussion?

It's not that they're the voices of reason. It illustrates that there will be no negative perception about our program if we fire Bo. He is a laughingstock right now. Hayes points out that Bo is throwing our players under the bus. Do you think this is good for recruiting?

They couldn't have any possible motives for stirring the pot, could they?

None of them have any vested interest in NU's long term success, so of course they advocate we take a fire and forget approach that is likely to relegate Nebraska to the 1950s dark ages.

And frankly, yes, if someone thinks Bo should be fired today, they lack perspective (and are likely spoiled). I don't really care about trying to figure out if they are a bad fan or lack class.

yep the national media knows that if they dog Bo and he gets fired, our program is doomed. :facepalm:

It's not that they're the voices of reason. It illustrates that there will be no negative perception about our program if we fire Bo. He is a laughingstock right now. Hayes points out that Bo is throwing our players under the bus. Do you think this is good for recruiting?

I hate to think what this may do to recruiting. This just shows the feeling on the outside is not what it was when Frank was terminated. I do not think the outside world would be shocked if the axe fell unlike when Frank was let go.

My reason for one more year or 2 with changes stem from Bo's Top 25 record.. According to Huskermax, Bo is 7-21 against Top 25 teams.

Not a good % at all.

Last edited:
I hate to think what this may do to recruiting. This just shows the feeling on the outside is not what it was when Frank was terminated. I do not think the outside world would be shocked if the axe fell unlike when Frank was let go.

why would they be? Frank won the big 12 in 99'. right wrong or indifferent, played for a national title in 01'. I was at the game in 03' when Frank cleared the stands in the 4th when KSU was finishing up their 2nd half spanking of us. Other than the 01' CU game, Franks teams never got their asses kicked like we have seen these past 3 years. uncomparable IMO.

My reason for one more year or 2 with changes stem from Bo's Top 25 record.. According to Huskermax, Bo is 6-21 against Top 25 teams.

Not a good % at all.

So then why give him another year or two? We don't even play ranked teams on our schedule anymore.

Last edited:

That accusation undermines Hayes, because Bo is not "throwing players under the bus." I've listened to his pressers, and that's simply not happening.

That accusation undermines Hayes, because Bo is not "throwing players under the bus." I've listened to his pressers, and that's simply not happening.

He is probably talking about the fact that we have heard "the players" didnt execute after every loss for the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back