• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap.

Uncle Buck - Parity. We get it. It's real. It plays a part. Got it and partly agree.

huskerator - Frankie. Most of us love Frank. He's a Husker. Always will be. Got jobbed by Pedey. Did a helluva coaching job in Ohio. Got it.

cm - Dude.....You've got a man crush on Bo. Whatever floats your boat, you're not changing anybody's mind. The teams performance will change peoples minds. Barfie wrote an article on Monday. Basically said that with 12 games a season and with NU's schedule and home field advantage, 6 wins are a gimme for NU. That's pretty accurate. So Pelini is batting .500 out of the gate. It's what NU does in the other 6 games that's what Pelini gets paid for. So for 6 seasons, NU has been consistent for 2 blowouts per season and a couple of other losses (parity if you want. Throwing you a bone Buck). So Bo is pretty consistent at going 2 - 4 in the money games. Not so hot. Throw in the decline of the defense, the inexplicable commitment to TM, even when he's not healthy, the non-existence of a punt return game, taking 4 star players and making them look like 1 star players, most of us are done. I'm ready for the unknown of another coach no matter what arguments you're throwing out. Our players deserve better.

similar to how TO finished vs Ou & Ga Tech
I bet you were pretty confident you knew a LOT back then, too

You're showing your true colors
If you couldn't be pleased by Frank after '01, you were almost impossible to please

No, you're showing your true colors. If you were pleased with Frank after 2001 then it's no wonder you're perfectly happy with the Bozaster.

What happens next, a showdown on national television vs Michigan. oops...17-45. Again, the 2nd best team we played that season and again we competed for 1 quarter if that. Another laugher. .

You didn't get the memo. NU lost that because of a roughing the punter penalty. That puppy was a NAIL BITER!

not true. I didnt down play them in the sense that I base quality wins by the end of the season rank of the teams you beat? Isnt that logical way to do it?

whiners downplay NU victories over Mich & OSU because they lost there qb
of course, when NU loses an AA lineman, and qb plays crippled, they aren't so understanding of the injury excuse... ;)

so you cant bring yourself to answer the question. lol....nice. Let me ask it like this since you are getting squeezed into a corner. Would a Missouri fan take greater pride had they beat the 97' team or the 07' team? come on, it wont kill you to admit it. They are going with the 97' team. Its not that I can't appreciate the win vs OSU. i celebrated like a 8 year old. I was pumped. A win is a win but if your going to point to that game as a great feat like beating the undefeated team the next year with their best player healthy, then you are not being honest.

did I dodge a question?
the rest of your post falls under the categories of "duh", and ascribing positions to me that i haven't taken

kinda looks like you did. How is stating that our win over the OSU 11' team wasnt over one of their better teams crying? Isnt that just a statement of fact?

As I recall from the thread where some were outraged that we were not ranked, several posters here pointed out how good that 3-3 Ole Miss team was based on the strength of their schedule and overall talent level...they could see it as could the pollsters while the "we got robbed" crowd of koolllllaiders thought we belonged in the rankings. Funny how the guys that recognized that Ole Miss at 3-3 was better than Nebraska at 5-1 were right and the koollllaiders are having such a hard time propping up Bo now, that they had to ressurect "cm husker." Next thing SoCalRed will reappear to school everyone again. The W-L record does not always tell the full story.

He's been doing research 18 hours a day in addition to auditioning for commercials and teaching class, so he he's a busy guy. Can't wait to see what his excuse cauldron spews out this Halloween.

No, you're showing your true colors. If you were pleased with Frank after 2001 then it's no wonder you're perfectly happy with the Bozaster.
shoot, winning % close to 80%
after 2001, I was VERY happy with Frank, as I was with TO after 4 seasons
if you weren't, I'm not sure you are one that can be happy
not reasonable to be displeased with that

show me where I've stated I'm perfectly happy with Bo.
just more credibility issues on your part

Holy crap.

Uncle Buck - Parity. We get it. It's real. It plays a part. Got it and partly agree.

huskerator - Frankie. Most of us love Frank. He's a Husker. Always will be. Got jobbed by Pedey. Did a helluva coaching job in Ohio. Got it.

cm - Dude.....You've got a man crush on Bo. Whatever floats your boat, you're not changing anybody's mind. The teams performance will change peoples minds. Barfie wrote an article on Monday. Basically said that with 12 games a season and with NU's schedule and home field advantage, 6 wins are a gimme for NU. That's pretty accurate. So Pelini is batting .500 out of the gate. It's what NU does in the other 6 games that's what Pelini gets paid for. So for 6 seasons, NU has been consistent for 2 blowouts per season and a couple of other losses (parity if you want. Throwing you a bone Buck). So Bo is pretty consistent at going 2 - 4 in the money games. Not so hot. Throw in the decline of the defense, the inexplicable commitment to TM, even when he's not healthy, the non-existence of a punt return game, taking 4 star players and making them look like 1 star players, most of us are done. I'm ready for the unknown of another coach no matter what arguments you're throwing out. Our players deserve better.

Nice post...

Buck, point of fact, he wasn't pleased with Frank during the Notre Dame game that year. You know, when the Huskers were at 25-3 since 2009 (and 34-7 since him taking over).

But what you have to realize is he had a FEELING Frank wasn't the answer.

And that can't have been wrong.

And I was right. It's also not surprising that dull, boring and unimaginative is very appealing to many of you.

Holy crap.

truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back