• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was parity
for someone that believes in parity, you have a hard time recognizing it when it hits you in the face

And if your reading comprehension was a little better you would have noticed I said parity is one of the few "excuses" that carry any weight. I know it's real; that doesn't mean it carries as much weight as you think it does. It also doesn't make it acceptable to lose to a Minnesota team be coached by an assistant. Or to a Wisky team with a grad assistant as their O-line coach. Or to allow an FCS back to gain over 200 yards against a guru's defense. I could go on and on but you guys are wearing out me and my fingers.

Last edited:

Okay, parity, we get it. Why don't other top programs lose inexplicable games more often to other teams? What is it about Alabama and Oregon and the other top schools that they don't suffer from parity?
LSU just lost to a 4-3 team
the horror of parity, losing inexplicable games such as that

Lets drag LSU into the discussion. Last time I checked they were playing Alabama and the rest of the SEC powerhouses deep into the 4th quarters of their football games. LSU has had their pants jerked down how many times in the past 6 years on national tV?

And if your reading comprehension was a little better you would have noticed I said parity is one of the few "excuses" that carry any weight. I know it's real; that doesn;t mean it carries as much weight as you think it does. It also doesn't make it acceptable to lose to a Minnesota team be coached by an assistant. Or to a Wisky team with a grad assistant as their O-line coach. Or to allow an FCS back to gain over 200 yards against a guru's defense. I could go on and on but you guys are wearing out me and my fingers.

or perhaps it does
lord only knows what effects parity has on college football- ypou aren't the arbiter
multiple FCS teams have beaten FBS teams in the past 5 years. Mich & VTech come to mind

a team goes 11-2, losing to 2 teams in the top 5, and it's evidence that the coach doesn't have the juice.
Yeah, your thought process is pretty impressive. Your standards would be tough to attain

No, I saw them play in person that season and the dull, boring and unimaginative coaching of St. Frank set me up for what I knew was going to come. And come it did. P.S. They didn't just lose to those teams, they got pummeled.

Lets drag LSU into the discussion. Last time I checked they were playing Alabama and the rest of the SEC powerhouses deep into the 4th quarters of their football games. LSU has had their pants jerked down how many times in the past 6 years on national tV?

lastime i checked, they lost to a 4-3 team
it's parity, and it's quite possible they are heading into more such depantsings

No, I saw them play in person that season and the dull, boring and unimaginative coaching of St. Frank set me up for what I knew was going to come. And come it did. P.S. They didn't just lose to those teams, they got pummeled.

similar to how TO finished vs Ou & Ga Tech
I bet you were pretty confident you knew a LOT back then, too

You're showing your true colors
If you couldn't be pleased by Frank after '01, you were almost impossible to please

Last edited:
lastime i checked, they lost to a 4-3 team
it's parity, and it's quite possible they are heading into more such depantsings
come on buck. parity explains losses to minnasota, iowa state, Northewestern. It doesnt have a thing to do with bad losses and a lack of quality wins. you know it and i know it.

Okay, parity, we get it. Why don't other top programs lose inexplicable games more often to other teams? What is it about Alabama and Oregon and the other top schools that they don't suffer from parity?

So now you're only happy with Oregon/Alabama results?

How about you look at your Trojans? They got upset quite a few times, even during their run. How about Texas? Oklahoma? And the list goes on ... even Alabama has only 1 undefeated season during their run.

come on buck. parity explains losses to minnasota, iowa state, Northewestern. It doesnt have a thing to do with bad losses and a lack of quality wins. you know it and i know it.
there is a lack of quality wins because you downplay any win
just like the examples of wins Bo has over top 20 teams
granted, there aren't enough, but the reason those aren't ranked higher is they have that additional loss to NU because we got the win

As I recall from the thread where some were outraged that we were not ranked, several posters here pointed out how good that 3-3 Ole Miss team was based on the strength of their schedule and overall talent level...they could see it as could the pollsters while the "we got robbed" crowd of koolllllaiders thought we belonged in the rankings. Funny how the guys that recognized that Ole Miss at 3-3 was better than Nebraska at 5-1 were right and the koollllaiders are having such a hard time propping up Bo now, that they had to ressurect "cm husker." Next thing SoCalRed will reappear to school everyone again. The W-L record does not always tell the full story.

Last edited:
similar to how TO finished vs Ou & Ga Tech
I bet you were pretty confident you knew a LOT back then, too

You're showing your true colors
If you couldn't be pleased by Frank after '01, you were almost impossible to please

Buck, point of fact, he wasn't pleased with Frank during the Notre Dame game that year. You know, when the Huskers were at 25-3 since 2009 (and 34-7 since him taking over).

But what you have to realize is he had a FEELING Frank wasn't the answer.

And that can't have been wrong.

I dont mean this as condensending but I am just stunned at how many people on this site spew 9 and 10 wins. Why can't people look beyond the number and see what is really happening? Do me a favor CM HUSKER. In your opinion, go get me the top 5 greatest wins of the Pelini era. I am curious as to what you are considering a marquee win.
I guess marquee wins is the new excuse. I have serious qualms about Bo right now, but IF he finishes the regular season 9-3 and gets canned, Nebraska will justifiably be viewed by potential replacements as a toxic environment.
Personally I'm guessing 7-5, and that will get him fired.

there is a lack of quality wins because you downplay any win
just like the examples of wins Bo has over top 20 teams
granted, there aren't enough, but the reason those aren't ranked higher is they have that additional loss to NU because we got the win

not true. I didnt down play them in the sense that I base quality wins by the end of the season rank of the teams you beat? Isnt that logical way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back