• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck, that point has been made, and though it's astute, it won't be understood by most.
your disqualified. You think competing with Minnasota is accomplishment even though we lost. That should get you an automatic 24hr vacation.

Last edited:

Buck, point of fact, he wasn't pleased with Frank during the Notre Dame game that year. You know, when the Huskers were at 25-3 since 2009 (and 34-7 since him taking over).

But what you have to realize is he had a FEELING Frank wasn't the answer.

And that can't have been wrong.

just clarifying, you meant '99 and not 2009

i forget, how badly did NU get beat by Notre Dame that year?
I'm wondering, if we had won, if it would have been one of them "quality wins" some tend to disparage once we get the win...

feelings, nothing more than feelings.....
did you see Bo during the halftime interview? my feeeeelings were......blah blah blah

Last edited:
there is a lack of quality wins because you downplay any win
just like the examples of wins Bo has over top 20 teams
granted, there aren't enough, but the reason those aren't ranked higher is they have that additional loss to NU because we got the win

Not true, just because many are not foolhardy enough to go crowing about how great we are when we win games we are heavily favored to win, doesn't mean we don't appreciate solid wins. We are saddled with a weak schedule in a weak conference so there aren't many opportunities for solid or good wins...and recently, well, there just haven't been but a few. Every solid win seems matched by a much more memorable blowout on national telecasts.

Last edited:
similar to how TO finished vs Ou & Ga Tech
I bet you were pretty confident you knew a LOT back then, too

You're showing your true colors
If you couldn't be pleased by Frank after '01, you were almost impossible to please

I'm sensing the tide has dramatically turned on your stance (??????????)... maybe I need to catch up! :Biggrin:

Last edited:

I guess marquee wins is the new excuse. I have serious qualms about Bo right now, but IF he finishes the regular season 9-3 and gets canned, Nebraska will justifiably be viewed by potential replacements as a toxic environment.
Personally I'm guessing 7-5, and that will get him fired.
depends, if he finishes 9-3 and doesnt go to Indy, he may get canned. It might also depend on how the team loses number 3. There are other factors at play here that don't have anything to do with wins and losses. None of us know for sure what the real result of tape gate really has. Admin can say what they want mid season about that already being delt with with T.O.

not true. I didnt down play them in the sense that I base quality wins by the end of the season rank of the teams you beat? Isnt that logical way to do it?

whiners downplay NU victories over Mich & OSU because they lost there qb
of course, when NU loses an AA lineman, and qb plays crippled, they aren't so understanding of the injury excuse... ;)

Not true, just because many are not foolhardy enough to go crowing about how great we are when we win games we are heavily favored to win, doesn't mean we don't appreciate solid wins. We are saddled with a weak schedule in a weak conference so there aren't many opportunities for solid or good wins...and recently, well, there just haven't been but a few. Every solid win seems matched by a much more memorable blowout on national telecasts.

If you look at in in order over the past 3 years its pretty obvious.

2011' we are riding high at 4-0 and then 17-48 to wisky. Now they will have you to believe that we were in that game until *insert favorite excuse* but the truth is we competed for 1 (uno) quarter and then the game was a laugher. Then we rip off 3 more wins with a marquee win against the worst Ohio state team in easily 12 years so everybody is hitting the koolaid again. What happens next, a showdown on national television vs Michigan. oops...17-45. Again, the 2nd best team we played that season and again we competed for 1 quarter if that. Another laugher. Forgive me for not worshipping all of our wins that year. I appreciate them but what would have been nice to go along with those wins was at least showing up and competing for 4 quarters win or lose against the Conference flag bearers in OSU and Michigan. Yes the MSU win was nice. I have no problem acknowledging those wins. We were posers that year and it's obvious to anybody that isnt legally blind from myopia.

gotta hand it to us, our first real test ends in defeat to UCLA, at least we did compete. Can't knock Bo for that, we were not totally embarrassed. Even though we got laughed out of the 2nd half with Ohio St, I could have chalked up 2012 as an overall plus had it not been for the complete and utter disgrace of the CCG. People have a hard time connecting the dots. We stopped being able to stop the run in 11' and as of 5 minutes ago we still havent figured out how. Last time I checked, if you cant stop somebody from running over your defense for 250 plus your not going to be winning too many meaningful football games... Some of these people living in their fantasy world of 9 wins will figure that out the hard way again if this team puts enough wins together to go play Ohio state in the CCG this year.

whiners downplay NU victories over Mich & OSU because they lost there qb
of course, when NU loses an AA lineman, and qb plays crippled, they aren't so understanding of the injury excuse... ;)
so you cant bring yourself to answer the question. lol....nice. Let me ask it like this since you are getting squeezed into a corner. Would a Missouri fan take greater pride had they beat the 97' team or the 07' team? come on, it wont kill you to admit it. They are going with the 97' team. Its not that I can't appreciate the win vs OSU. i celebrated like a 8 year old. I was pumped. A win is a win but if your going to point to that game as a great feat like beating the undefeated team the next year with their best player healthy, then you are not being honest.

Actually, we stopped being able to stop the run in 2010 -- when Suh departed. We just didn't notice it as much as we played in the pass-happy Big 12.

2013 (through Oct): 75th nationally.
2012: 90th.
2011: 64th.
2010: 63rd.
2009: 9th.

You don't think the UGA game last year was competitive?

Leading at half against UCLA and losing a fairly close (one possession here or there) game to Minnesota isn't competitive?

We may not be winning enough, but we aren't noncompetitive this year.

Your [sic] wrong, as that's not what I said at all.

But keep on misunderstanding.

you talk in circles of non sense. No really you do. you clearly pointed to the minnasota game as an example of us being competitive this year. Let me help you with something here. we have played 1 solid football team that is worth a pile of dung this season in UCLA. In case you missed the game, we didnt compete after the 1st quarter bro. Nobody but you gets excited about competing and losing to Minnasota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back