• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've answered those questions about Solich a million times. Especially the one about him "only" getting an offer from Ohio, that's been dispensed with pretty thoroughly. Mostly it was about age. Similar reasons prevented Milt Tenopir from working again, even though he was a great OL coach...(and even though many Frank haters think MT was scapegoated by Frank and still had good years left).

Really? Frank wasn't much older than Art Briles is right now and I guarantee Art could easily get a better job if he really wanted it. Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden coached into their late 70's and early 80's. Steve Spurrier is 68 right now - you don't think he could get another BCS job if he left South Carolina at the end of this season?

Maybe you just can't get the homeritis out of your eyes enough to see or admit to yourself that Frank is not thought of as an elite head coach by anyone other than Nebraska fans. It's alright to admit you're wrong.

Why don't the big wins in 2010 count for anything? Because they were wins? OkSt and Missouri in 2010 were the two best wins since 2001.

We were talking about since joining the B1G, but I will add 2010 to the equation. We played 4 teams that finished the season ranked and we went 2-2.

-- Oklahoma State, who finished #10 and #13. We won 51-41.

-- Missouri, who finished #18 and #18. We won 31-17.

-- Texas A&M, who finished #21 and #19. We lost 9-6.

-- Oklahoma in the conference championship game, who finished #6 and #8. We lost 23-20.

These results are fine with me. They're not amazing, but I'm totally fine with them. However, it's pretty clear that since 2010 we've gotten a lot worse. That's the problem. We're not even competitive any more and we're on a clear downward trajectory.

Last edited:
Lord knows there wasn't any controversy surrounding Bo before they printed their outlandishly inaccurate expose's! :lol:

Why don't you apply at Sports Illustrated or The Sporting News since you obviously know so much more than them and everyone else?

Wow, it's difficult to converse with someone who is constantly shifting the target and engages in logic failures.

You asked why columnists might say or do something controversial... the fact that there was a pre-existing controversy is immaterial (except to the extent that columnists will be drawn to that water).

I don't know more than everyone else. I just know that the people who take the "Anyone But Bo Pelini" approach are being irrational.

These results are fine with me. They're not amazing, but I'm totally fine with them. However, it's pretty clear that since 2010 we've gotten a lot worse. That's the problem. We're not even competitive any more and we're on a clear downward trajectory.

You don't think the UGA game last year was competitive?

Leading at half against UCLA and losing a fairly close (one possession here or there) game to Minnesota isn't competitive?

We may not be winning enough, but we aren't noncompetitive this year.

Last edited:

And pulling the plug on a long term investment is silly, too.

Wise investors cut their losses, which we truly should have done 2 years ago when it was clear what we had. Lots of $300,000 yearlings sold with the hopes of being a Kentucky Derby champion end up in cheap claiming races real fast. Bo's trajectory went negative after the Cally talent gradually left. Funny that you are proclaming the EXACT same positions that your argued to me 2 years ago. There is one difference though, back then you told me that 2013 would be Bo's big year. What happened, old sport?

Last edited:
I don't consider Minnesota to be a big game. I'm only listing games against opponents that finished the season ranked. Like I said before, I'm not even including the inexplicable losses we have every year.

Leading at half against UCLA and losing a fairly close (one possession here or there) game to Minnesota isn't competitive?

We not be winning enough, but we aren't noncompetitive this year.

LOL...you must be joking

Based on Bo's speechless panicked look at halftime of the Minnesota game, I'm not feeling real confident that we will be doing a lot of winning in November. But there is always hope that Minnesota was his "annual loss to a team he should beat game" and won't reflect how the remainder will go.

"Speechless, panicked look"... really?

that was a calm and collected response that most HC "CEO types" would have given.

He's too hotheaded, he's too bland.... and on and on.....The guy can't win with people.

Leading at half to UCLA and suffering a complete meltdown where we give up 38 unanswered points... You want to include that game as a positive? We had the talent to win that game. I honestly believe that. It should've been competitive, but losing by three scores? No, I don't consider that to be competitive.

We put up a fight against Georgia, I'll give you that.

We not be winning enough, but we aren't noncompetitive this year.

One thing I have not seen from BO teams in more games than not is a, complete game. We were told before the UCLA game that we would handle them fairly easy since they were so young as well. One coach seemed to adjust at half and it wasn't BO

and losing a fairly close game to MN....It is still Mn. A team that hasn't beat the Huskers since their championship year.

Teams adjust. I know you have said he doesn't matter much with in game adjustments but..It sure seems to help teams when better coaches do it. Bo was out coached by a interim coach...that is embarressing

Last edited:

that was a calm and collected response that most HC "CEO types" would have given.

He's too hotheaded, he's too bland.... and on and on.....The guy can't win with people.

lol.. we didn't see them run it from that formation. ok fool me once..fool me multiple times...thats on the coach

Wow, it's difficult to converse with someone who is constantly shifting the target and engages in logic failures.

You asked why columnists might say or do something controversial... the fact that there was a pre-existing controversy is immaterial (except to the extent that columnists will be drawn to that water).

I don't know more than everyone else. I just know that the people who take the "Anyone But Bo Pelini" approach are being irrational.

No I didn't. You asked: They couldn't have any possible motives for stirring the pot, could they?

And I asked: Just what would those motives be?

Then after your question you go on to say: "None of them have any vested interest in NU's long term success, so of course they advocate we take a fire and forget approach that is likely to relegate Nebraska to the 1950s dark ages."

You get all butt hurt thinking they're trying to stir the pot instead of engaging in the reality that they may have a point, which they do. Do you honestly think they have an axe to grind with NU? I can't imagine being so programmed by anything or anybody to such an extent that I could never think outside the box. That's what cults do.

Last edited:

Kent Brockman reporting. This just in from planet Fantasy Land...

And Michigan...oops, they didn't have their starter, so it wasn't a "big game."

and tOSU...oops, we had to come back from a deficit and they lost their starter, so it wasn't a "big game."

and Wisconsin....oops, we lost to them later so that doesn't count as a "big game."

Please remind us how many wins that pathetic OSU team had...sad example mister prognosticator.

As for our desparation come from behind win in LINCOLN over a bad Wisconsin team...no, not a big game. Any conference championship game IS a big game even if its against the third best team in the other division and they hang 70 on us.

PS- you do know we lose that Michigan game if they don't put in a complete stiff, don't you? As well as 2 or 3 other fluke-like wins last year.

Last edited:

LOL...you must be joking

I feel as exasperated as Frank "Grimey" Grimes did when dealing with Homer Simpson! So that's what we've been relegated to...being happy with playing a close, competitive game with Minnesota? What little credibility he had before has disappeared like Bo's ability to coach defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back