• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

you talk in circles of non sense. No really you do. you clearly pointed to the minnasota game as an example of us being competitive this year. Let me help you with something here. we have played 1 solid football team that is worth a pile of dung this season in UCLA. In case you missed the game, we didnt compete after the 1st quarter bro. Nobody but you gets excited about competing and losing to Minnasota.

We were competitive (someone had said we weren't competitive in our games).

We did lose.

I never said I was excited in any way about the Minnesota result.

And it's still valid to argue that Minnesota shouldn't even be close to Nebraska.

But the issues are different and I don't have time to explain it to you further.

Last edited:
Actually, we stopped being able to stop the run in 2010 -- when Suh departed. We just didn't notice it as much as we played in the pass-happy Big 12.

2013 (through Oct): 75th nationally.
2012: 90th.
2011: 64th.
2010: 63rd.
2009: 9th.

Can't argue with facts.

so you cant bring yourself to answer the question. lol....nice. Let me ask it like this since you are getting squeezed into a corner. Would a Missouri fan take greater pride had they beat the 97' team or the 07' team? come on, it wont kill you to admit it. They are going with the 97' team. Its not that I can't appreciate the win vs OSU. i celebrated like a 8 year old. I was pumped. A win is a win but if your going to point to that game as a great feat like beating the undefeated team the next year with their best player healthy, then you are not being honest.

did I dodge a question?
the rest of your post falls under the categories of "duh", and ascribing positions to me that i haven't taken

Really? Frank wasn't much older than Art Briles is right now and I guarantee Art could easily get a better job if he really wanted it. Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden coached into their late 70's and early 80's. Steve Spurrier is 68 right now - you don't think he could get another BCS job if he left South Carolina at the end of this season?

Maybe you just can't get the homeritis out of your eyes enough to see or admit to yourself that Frank is not thought of as an elite head coach by anyone other than Nebraska fans. It's alright to admit you're wrong.
You're moving the goal posts. I don't know what term other Frank supporters use, but I've called him an excellent coach. If you think that's too generous, I could drop to "good". I've never heard anyone use the word "elite" to describe him. But if you're saying NU should only hire an elite coach, get ready for disappointment. The elite coaches right now (IMO) are Saban, Meyer, Spurrier, probably Briles, maybe Stoops, and the coach at FSU (forgot his name). They are the ones who could probably win big at most schools, including Nebraska, and they're not coming (Briles might be a very long shot). Most other successful coaches mix bad years with good or haven't been at it long enough to have earned elite status through sustained excellence.
If you can't admit a man who won 75% of his games in a BCS conference was at minimum a good coach, I'd like to hear your criteria.

You don't think the UGA game last year was competitive?

Leading at half against UCLA and losing a fairly close (one possession here or there) game to Minnesota isn't competitive?

We may not be winning enough, but we aren't noncompetitive this year.

Holy crap.

Getting their arses HANDED to them by UCLA after UCLA woke up and LOSING to a crappy Minnesota team constitutes competitive to you? No wonder you're on a crusade to save Bo.

Here is what it comes down to, IMO. How many times after a loss has BO said, "we need to fix us" or "we didn't execute"? Too many times. Too many times he has said that and the next week isn't any better. Yes, he had dominant defenses, with 4 (not sure if that number is right because I'm not sure if gomes or hagg are on a team right now) NFL defenders on it. We lost suh and we got worse. We lost crick and prince and look at our defense now.

believe me, I am all for continuity. But I also am not for not making a tough decision based on re recruits we "might lose". What if a new staff brought in better recruits? Our program should not be paralyzed by the possibility of some bad things happening. We just lost to Minnesota and after the first 10 minutes were outplayed and, more importantly, out coached for the remainder.

5 years is plenty if time to prove your metal as a coach.

You're moving the goal posts. I don't know what term other Frank supporters use, but I've called him an excellent coach. If you think that's too generous, I could drop to "good". I've never heard anyone use the word "elite" to describe him. But if you're saying NU should only hire an elite coach, get ready for disappointment. The elite coaches right now (IMO) are Saban, Meyer, Spurrier, probably Briles, maybe Stoops, and the coach at FSU (forgot his name). They are the ones who could probably win big at most schools, including Nebraska, and they're not coming (Briles might be a very long shot). Most other successful coaches mix bad years with good or haven't been at it long enough to have earned elite status through sustained excellence.
If you can't admit a man who won 75% of his games in a BCS conference was at minimum a good coach, I'd like to hear your criteria.
all of those coaches have had losses as bad or worse than Frank had as of the 2001 season when "D" in his profound wisdom deemed Frank unacceptable.
some very recently
didn't stoops just get owned by an average Texas ?
Spurrier just got beat by a 4-3 team.....

believe me, people outside of Nebraska fully believe that Pelini will and should be fired. Nebraska football is better than this.

We were competitive (someone had said we weren't competitive in our games).

We did lose.

I never said I was excited in any way about the Minnesota result.

And it's still valid to argue that Minnesota shouldn't even be close to Nebraska.

But the issues are different and I don't have time to explain it to you further.

LOL, off writing the next great novel, I'm sure.

LSU just lost to a 4-3 team
the horror of parity, losing inexplicable games such as that

Someone recently told me on this board that Ole Miss wasn't a good team. Wish I remember who that was (wasn't you...this post just reminded me of that)

So now you're only happy with Oregon/Alabama results?

How about you look at your Trojans? They got upset quite a few times, even during their run. How about Texas? Oklahoma? And the list goes on ... even Alabama has only 1 undefeated season during their run.

Is it even possible for someone to "upset" Nebraska anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back