• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If Texas Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they hopeful that Bo will slip up and finally lose enough games so that he can be fired? If so, I'm not happy with them.

Even though it is easy for people now days to say they never did were those people happy when Cally did not win enough?

Are they hopeful that Bo will slip up and finally lose enough games so that he can be fired? If so, I'm not happy with them.

I would not be happy with them either. Whatever happens with Bo, will happen regardless of how someone "roots." But, it would be pretty hard to call yourself a fan, while rooting the other way.

All three of them, right? You're sure splitting hairs tonight.

I just want Bo to jump off the plateau and prefer it to be positive because I'm a big fan of continuity, believe it or not. I do wonder if Bo will stick around if he does turn it up a notch or two on the positive side of things.

If he jumps off on the bad side of the plateau then we'll know it's time for a change. It's pi$$ or get off the pot time for Bo, IMO.

Very simply, Pops sentence is conditional. That's what the "if" means. Pops is saying if we merely crack teh top 25, people will want to keep Bo. Those people doing that - not the team cracking the top 25 - would be annoying to Pops.

I don't know the particular reason Pops has for being annoyed if those people do that. He didn't say. But there are many obvious ones. He might feel that would result in Bo being kept when he only showed he could make minor improvement and only for one year, for example. Or he might feel that those people are already annoying and this would make it more so. Or other reasons. Or a combination.

But the logic of the sentence is what it is. It's not open to interpretation that he was saying he hoped the huskers failed. That's you seeing what you want to see.
[/QUOTE]

I understand the logic. I understand that 'if' makes it conditional. However, there is an implication in Pops statement that you choose to ignore.

Pops would prefer that Bo Pelini be fired. He's openly stated it…many times. That he would be "annoyed" had nothing to do with what Pops posted. That is a word that you have inserted, in order to make Pops statement appear less harsh. Very tricky. I actually kind of admire it. But Pops said he would hate it, a much stronger word. You have implied that what Pops meant by hate is that he would be annoyed. That is not what he posted at all. How can you know what he meant? Since he would hate it if a top 25 finish resulted in some fans wishing to retain coach Pelini, does it not imply that he would prefer that Nebraska not have a top 25 finish, in order that Pelini not be retained? If that isn't what Pops meant and he clarified it for me, I would certainly apologize for my outburst.

The reason that I've objected so vehemently to his statement is that I just can't fathom fans hoping for team failure in order to rid us of a coach that some fans don't like.

Last edited:
All three of them, right? You're sure splitting hairs tonight.

I just want Bo to jump off the plateau and prefer it to be positive because I'm a big fan of continuity, believe it or not. I do wonder if Bo will stick around if he does turn it up a notch or two on the positive side of things.

If he jumps off on the bad side of the plateau then we'll know it's time for a change. It's pi$$ or get off the pot time for Bo, IMO.

Except for wondering if he'll stick around, I've been saying this all along.

You just don't get it Brew. You see. It's not that they want the Huskers to lose. They just want Bo not to win.

Brew, not sure if i should comment here at all, but I think you are totally off base with what you are implying here and in some of your earlier replies. Contrary to what some people believe, it is entirely possible to root for the Nebraska football team while not liking Bo as the coach. That is just a fact. It is also possible to hope that Nebraska reaches the top 25 (or better), while not wanting Bo to get another year just for doing something (top 25) that should happen every year. That is also just a fact. Some of the comments you are making in this thread, IMO seem far harsher than your normal comments. I think you know that Pops, and others who share similar views are fans and want only the best for the program. I think you should take people at their word. I would not question any of the bo-liever's status as "fans" just because they like Bo Pelini, someone who I think is bad for the program.
Exactly what is your rationale for proclaiming that Nebraska "should" be in the top 25 every year?

You're shoulding all over yourself again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back