• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If Texas Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume you meant that as some sort of insult, however, my hopes for every season have remained fairly consistent since Bob Devaney was roaming the sidelines. Expectations either lead to bitter disappointment, or even higher expectations which eventually leads to bitter disappointment.

What I find almost comical about the fans who criticize the program is their insistence on being realistic about the coaching staff. If their "expectations" were actually based in reality they could possibly be honest about the program, instead of insisting on Conference championships and top fifteen rankings.

My hopes for the 2014 season are winning the division, winning the conference, and possibly a play-off berth. This is based on an experienced and improving Defense, and a healthier, more dynamic offense. It's also based on the fact that the 2014 roster has a greater breadth and depth of talent than any time since 1999.

But it's a funny game. The ball takes strange bounces, so, while I did think we could win the Division with a dynamic offense and a talented, if somewhat raw defense this year, what I did not expect was the loss of half our offensive starters this year. So, yeah, my expectations were lowered as the season progressed, as we proved that we were a team that could rise to the occasion, but which lacked the talent offensively to win the Division.

What I hope to see tomorrow is a defense which continues to grow, and an offense with a healthy Armstrong and OL, enough to avoid turnovers and outscore the Bulldogs.

If however if we get boat raced you'll probably be MIA once again........... :rolfl:

I can only assume you meant that as some sort of insult, however, my hopes for every season have remained fairly consistent since Bob Devaney was roaming the sidelines. Expectations either lead to bitter disappointment, or even higher expectations which eventually leads to bitter disappointment.

What I find almost comical about the fans who criticize the program is their insistence on being realistic about the coaching staff. If their "expectations" were actually based in reality they could possibly be honest about the program, instead of insisting on Conference championships and top fifteen rankings.

My hopes for the 2014 season are winning the division, winning the conference, and possibly a play-off berth. This is based on an experienced and improving Defense, and a healthier, more dynamic offense. It's also based on the fact that the 2014 roster has a greater breadth and depth of talent than any time since 1999.

But it's a funny game. The ball takes strange bounces, so, while I did think we could win the Division with a dynamic offense and a talented, if somewhat raw defense this year, what I did not expect was the loss of half our offensive starters this year. So, yeah, my expectations were lowered as the season progressed, as we proved that we were a team that could rise to the occasion, but which lacked the talent offensively to win the Division.

What I hope to see tomorrow is a defense which continues to grow, and an offense with a healthy Armstrong and OL, enough to avoid turnovers and outscore the Bulldogs.

I see what's going on here. This is a defense mechanism against getting your feeling hurt when NU doesn't do what we want them to do. Interesting. Lower expectations so the pain isn't as real.

BTW...we didn't lose half the starters on offense and the ball bounces strange for every team that puts on the uniform...tired bo-defense mechanism. This 'new reality' you promote is poison for this program.

I have a slightly different view of life. My view is if you never expect the best you will never get the best.

I certainly hope he isn't talking about life...my assumption was that he was talking about expectations as a fan of a team sport something he has ZERO control over thus the pointlessness of certain expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back