• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost to Iowa!

The bottom line is Frost's offense does NOT FIT the overall philosophy Ferentz employs.

People can say what they want about Ferentz, and there are many things, but his approach has worked especially well considering the middling talent he brings in - (p.s., you need talent/speed/athleticism to run Frost's offense). Iowa develops and they grind. Frost's offense would make Iowa's greatest strength (Defense) much weaker.

Not surprised KF scoffed at the notion of Frost being a candidate - as @wcbsas stated above.

The bottom line is Frost's offense does NOT FIT the overall philosophy Ferentz employs.

People can say what they want about Ferentz, and there are many things, but his approach has worked especially well considering the middling talent he brings in - (p.s., you need talent/speed/athleticism to run Frost's offense). Iowa develops and they grind. Frost's offense would make Iowa's greatest strength (Defense) much weaker.

Not surprised KF scoffed at the notion of Frost being a candidate - as @wcbsas stated above.
I know that. I think it's laughable

And that plays right into the ongoing conversation about complimentary football and how that relates to Nebraska's short (and hopefully long) term future.

Ignore how one of the three phases of football effects the others at your own peril.

And that plays right into the ongoing conversation about complimentary football and how that relates to Nebraska's short (and hopefully long) term future.

Ignore how one of the three phases of football effects the others at your own peril.
The bend don't break mindset was, we may give you the responsibility to return to the field in one minute with poor field position, hold for a field goal.
Yea, not much for complimentary football.

I agree with this statement with every fiber of my body ... Iowa had arguably one of the ten worst offenses in the entire country yet won 10 games this season.

Now part of it is they played 3 ranked teams the entire season and lost all 3 of them.
They had a top 10 defense.
They had arguably one of the, if not THE best special teams groups in the country. Including the nation's best punter.

Now some could argue they got lucky at times (re: the Nebraska game) but you also create your own luck.

Nebraska had a good/borderline great defense, below average special teams and a turnover prone offense. Fix the special teams, eliminate half of the turnovers and NU's wins go from 5 to 10 in a nano-second!

200w.gif

paul chryst is currently on staff at texass..... saw him on the broadcast as the team was walking to the locker room after they had lost..... :)

His approach worked, because this confrence is weak as hell. That’s gonna change. Ferentz sucks, always has. Somehow, Iowa has decided that average to poor is good enough for them. The 9-4 they just put up, will be their last under Ferentz. Iowa will be doing good to win 5-6 games moving forward. I can’t stand Ferentz. I’ve thought he’s been stealing millions from them for 20 years, and he’s coming back to get some more. 100+ million, for hot garbage. Just lol.

His approach worked, because this confrence is weak as hell. That’s gonna change. Ferentz sucks, always has. Somehow, Iowa has decided that average to poor is good enough for them. The 9-4 they just put up, will be their last under Ferentz. Iowa will be doing good to win 5-6 games moving forward. I can’t stand Ferentz. I’ve thought he’s been stealing millions from them for 20 years, and he’s coming back to get some more. 100+ million, for hot garbage. Just lol.
10 wins actually.

Now don't you wish you had that from your team? How long has it been?

And yet, if we had won 10 games this season, I doubt I'd be hearing you say it was a "hot garbage" season for the Huskers.

Last edited:
10 wins actually.

Now don't you wish you had that from your team? How long has it been?

And yet, if we had won 10 games this season, I doubt I'd be hearing you say it was a "hot garbage" season for the Huskers.
No. I don’t want my team to be anything like them. They are frauds, and always have been. They’ve never won anything, in 23 years, nothing. I’d rather keep swinging for the fences, because if you’re happy just middling, you don’t have a chance to ever win. They suck. They are an embarrassment nationwide. Pathetic, and worst 10 win, power 5 team, ever. Smoke and mirrors, but hey, if that’s your thing, I don’t know what else to say. i mean, if I were an Iowa fan, like I love the Huskers, bet your ass, I’d have been screaming on the message board for all 20+ years about Ferentz. I’d bet, there are a lot of fans of Iowa, whom feel the same way. That guy is a fraud, and Iowa has let him become untouchable mostly. Sad and pathetic. Someone on the board, needs to grow a sack, and say, BS, enough of this.

Last edited:
No. I don’t want my team to be anything like them. They are frauds, and always have been. They’ve never won anything, in 23 years, nothing. I’d rather keep swinging for the fences, because if you’re happy just middling, you don’t have a chance to ever win. They suck. They are an embarrassment nationwide. Pathetic, and worst 10 win, power 5 team, ever. Smoke and mirrors, but hey, if that’s your thing, I don’t know what else to say. i mean, if I were an Iowa fan, like I love the Huskers, bet your ass, I’d have been screaming on the message board for all 20+ years about Ferentz. I’d bet, there are a lot of fans of Iowa, whom feel the same way. That guy is a fraud, and Iowa has let him become untouchable mostly. Sad and pathetic. Someone on the board, needs to grow a sack, and say, BS, enough of this.
So, tell us how you really feel about Iowa.

Last edited:

I never said I "want to play like them." You call a team hot garbage that wins 10 games. Many of us would call that a season for the ages at this point.

If "they suck", let's wrap our hands around what we've been for a decade. Lol.

Pathetic, frauds, smoke and mirrors are my thing? Never said any of that. Nice try though. What is MY thing is WINNING, which is something we have known nothing about for a long time. Bottom line is, Ferentz has.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back