• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Four-star DB prospect ( Davian Shelton) interested in NU’s “islandâ€￾ (with video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That's why I posted the video...it's a one-on-one interview with a potential Husker. You get to know a player a bit more in a video interview.

Plus, you gotta love the hair.

Yeah, no I appreciate the video. I'd almost rather see an interview like this than game film; a kid's attitude says a lot about his potential. And I don't really know how to evaluate a player's ability from game film, especially if you don't know much about the competition.

For my money, Kenny Bell has THE hair to end all hair. But Davian's is pretty sweet too.

Yeah, no I appreciate the video. I'd almost rather see an interview like this than game film; a kid's attitude says a lot about his potential. And I don't really know how to evaluate a player's ability from game film, especially if you don't know much about the competition.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of interviews and how the players hold themselves.

Will make his official decision on Wednesday.......will be 'N'.....

Good news to be sure, but then I have to ask... where does this leave us with guys like Amos Leggett, Brandon Beaver Corey Thompson, and Raymond Ford? I know Beaver is probably the longest shot of the four, but he has yet to officially announce. I presume with CJax once again not making it, we would take at least one more CB?

That is correct....Jackson at this point is unknown....

Good news to be sure, but then I have to ask... where does this leave us with guys like Amos Leggett, Brandon Beaver Corey Thompson, and Raymond Ford? I know Beaver is probably the longest shot of the four, but he has yet to officially announce. I presume with CJax once again not making it, we would take at least one more CB?

Will make his official decision on Wednesday.......will be 'N'.....
According to the front page article, his official visit was this past weekend, and he left without committing. The cool tone of his quotes doesn't sound promising.

Yes his visit was this past weekend....everything I have heard from relaiable sources is he will be 'N'.....expected to make a decision on Wednesday....

And if you read the Rivals headline teaser it tells a different story....it was quite promising.....

Shelton leaves Nebraska with leader in mind

California cornerback Devian Shelton said that he found much to his liking while visiting Lincoln.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_...pt=content.asp&cid=1318831&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

According to the front page article, his official visit was this past weekend, and he left without committing. The cool tone of his quotes doesn't sound promising.

Last edited:
So your theory of not looking at stars (he is a 4-star) yet looking at his offers (not real impressive) is out the door in this case because you like his interview? Just curious....

His offers: Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State, Washington State

Agreed, I'm a big fan of interviews and how the players hold themselves.

That is correct....Jackson at this point is unknown....

Right, but there have been multiple threads about us being in good standing with Leggett, Corey Thompson almost committing after his visit recently, and Ford being a silent commit. Beaver has yet to announce besides saying OU is also high, but at one point we were sitting well along with UW. So my question is if Shelton commits this week, where does that leave us with the other four? We have roughly 6 spots left, depending on what happens with possible defections and we're holding spots for Peat, Valentine and/or Curry, and most likely Fuller so that would push us to 15 if we get all of them (perhaps Alonzo Moore as well or instead of Fuller). Does this put us in a position to take 2 more of these guys or do we look more at someone like Sebastian Smith to fill the need at Safety? Will be interesting to see how this class rounds out.

Last edited:
Defections (medical, transfer or just quiting the team) could move this class a bit higher as far as numbers..just some rumblings out there......

Beaver I think the train has passed on....

Valentine I have no clue on....he doesn't seem to know what he wants himself...Curry just might be the guy who gets the the skollie....

Moore I think will be 'N' before its done....50-50 in my mind, but I think he is leaning our way....

Right, but there have been multiple threads about us being in good standing with Leggett, Corey Thompson almost committing after his visit recently, and Ford being a silent commit. Beaver has yet to announce besides saying OU is also high, but at one point we were sitting well along with UW. So my question is if Shelton commits this week, where does that leave us with the other four? We have roughly 6 spots left, depending on what happens with possible defections and we're holding spots for Peat, Valentine and/or Curry, and most likely Fuller so that would push us to 15 if we get all of them (perhaps Alonzo Moore as well or instead of Fuller). Does this put us in a position to take 2 more of these guys or do we look more at someone like Sebastian Smith to fill the need at Safety? Will be interesting to see how this class rounds out.

So your theory of not looking at stars (he is a 4-star) yet looking at his offers (not real impressive) is out the door in this case because you like his interview? Just curious....

His offers: Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State, Washington State

Which leads me to a question that maybe you can help me with. Obviously this kid has been noticed as he is a 4* kid, but why not a more impressive list of offers? My following recruiting is really limited to this board so I really don't know. I can think of a couple of reasons why, such as he has no interest in other schools and/or some other schools that may normally be interested don't have a need at his position. RR, this is more just a general recruting question, not making any statements about this kids ability. I guess the major question is, how are so many schools overlooking this kid?

Last edited:
Defections (medical, transfer or just quiting the team) could move this class a bit higher as far as numbers..just some rumblings out there......

Beaver I think the train has passed on....

Valentine I have no clue on....he doesn't seem to know what he wants himself...Curry just might be the guy who gets the the skollie....

Moore I think will be 'N' before its done....50-50 in my mind, but I think he is leaning our way....

Can you enlighten us out of the loop who the rumblings are about?

Which leads me to a question that maybe you can help me with. Obviously this kid has been noticed as he is a 4* kid, but why not a more impressive list of offers? My following recruiting is really limited to this board so I really don't know. I can think of a couple of reasons why, such as he has no interest in other schools and/or some other schools that may normally be interested don't have a need at his position. RR, this is more just a general recruting question, not making any statements about this kids ability. I guess the major question is, how are so many schools overlooking this kid?

Im not RR by any means, and I dont know much other than there were some grade issues. Alot of schools look at grades and whatnot when looking at offering. Although his coach has said that his grades absolutely will be there and that he will qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back