• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Four-star DB prospect ( Davian Shelton) interested in NU’s “islandâ€￾ (with video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you...

I dont want to get into the argument between the recruiting services' rankings and a recruits offer list. I can see both points of view and to be honest, schools and service sites miss out on kids. I wanted to throw my :2cents: on the offer list. I know there are examples of kids having a below average offer list and still being regarded as top recruits. Red Reign made some nice examples. Davian Shelton is another example. I think the question is more finding the list impressive overall? The way I would ask that is simple. Am I happy to have a kid choose my school over 3-5 other schools of comparable or better prestige. So looking at his offers of Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State and Washington State. Taking away Nebraska, who are 3-5 schools you are happy to be taking away talent from for yourself. For someone who is so in favor of 'who else offered' I am surprised by your stance. Most of those schools are in the bottom half of the NCAA.

Looks like he may decide closer to signing day.....Huskers it appears will get his commit.....could visit Tennessee....

Looks like he may decide closer to signing day.....Huskers it appears will get his commit.....could visit Tennessee....

His coach said he will announce next week and not this week. And he is possibly looking at Tennessee or Washington this weekend. He wasnt sure yet.

Last edited:
His coach said he will announce next week and not this week. And he is possibly looking at Tennessee or Washington this weekend. He wasnt sure yet.

Late push from Washington with Beavers DB coach Keith Heyward joining the Husky staff. Bringing Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon from Tennessee helps this push as well. I really like what Washington has done with their house cleaning on the defensive side of the ball. Wilcox and Sirmon are very good additions, but my favorite is stealing away Cal's DL coach, Tosh Lupoi. Lupoi is on par with anyone in the country in terms of recruiting. IMO he is clearly one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the country. Tosh Lupoi is the coach I was yelling for the Huskers and Bo Pelini to consider. The Huskies hit a homerun with these three additions and with Lupoi, I predict a very strong influence in the state of California from here on out. Great pickups.

Last edited:

Late push from Washington with Beavers DB coach Keith Heyward joining the Husky staff. Bringing Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon from Tennessee helps this push as well. I really like what Washington has done with their house cleaning on the defensive side of the ball. Wilcox and Sirmon are very good additions, but my favorite is stealing away Cal's DL coach, Tosh Lupoi. Lupoi is on par with anyone in the country in terms of recruiting. IMO he is clearly one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the country. Tosh Lupoi is the coach I was yelling for the Huskers and Bo Pelini to consider. The Huskies hit a homerun with these three additions and with Lupoi, I predict a very strong influence in the state of California from here on out. Great pickups.

Yup, I see Washington finishing strong. He has chosen them as his trip this weekend and not Tennessee. I am interested as to how NU will end up with this class as db. Especially with Leggett commiting to Marshall today and now how Shelton and UW could pan out(He had high praises for them today.) Could be interesting. I agree with you that Bo needs to get a couple strong commits. At least we have Seisay for a start.

Competing against Udub for Cali guys is going to be difficult every time. Other than husker tradition and probably some of the facilities they have a ton to offer. The view from stadium alone is huge selling point.

Husky_Stadium3_Seattle.jpg

Yup, I see Washington finishing strong. He has chosen them as his trip this weekend and not Tennessee. I am interested as to how NU will end up with this class as db. Especially with Leggett commiting to Marshall today and now how Shelton and UW could pan out(He had high praises for them today.) Could be interesting. I agree with you that Bo needs to get a couple strong commits. At least we have Seisay for a start.

If Nebraska loses out on Devian Shelton, I think they will put Ath. Alonzo Moore at CB to start his career. I think Moore and Peat are signing day Huskers.

Competing against Udub for Cali guys is going to be difficult every time. Other than husker tradition and probably some of the facilities they have a ton to offer. The view from stadium alone is huge selling point.

View attachment 2295

I am from the Seattle area. The campus, stadium and overall football facilities at Nebraska are better than Washington. The Huskies have a pretty campus right on the Bay and are in the beginning stages of rebuilding their stadium which like you said is right on the water and does have a "Pacific Northwest" backdrop. The Huskies are a bit of a sleeping giant on the West Coast IMO. Look at the success the Huskies had in the mid-80's through the late 90's to see their potential. I am a huge fan of Steve Sarkisian. He boldly fired good friend Nick Holt. It was a very difficult decision to make but he knew it was the right one for the program. It shows he is willing to do whatever is needed to get his program to the elite level. He has already done wonders with their offense and overall recruiting classes have been generally in the top 25. He did an impressive job in his hires on the defensive side of the ball, hiring coaches with impressive resumes and proven track records.

I think Washington, starting with the 2013 class, will join USC and Oregon as the schools you need to beat out for top California prospects.

I am from the Seattle area. The campus, stadium and overall football facilities at Nebraska are better than Washington. The Huskies have a pretty campus right on the Bay and are in the beginning stages of rebuilding their stadium which like you said is right on the water and does have a "Pacific Northwest" backdrop. The Huskies are a bit of a sleeping giant on the West Coast IMO. Look at the success the Huskies had in the mid-80's through the late 90's to see their potential. I am a huge fan of Steve Sarkisian. He boldly fired good friend Nick Holt. It was a very difficult decision to make but he knew it was the right one for the program. It shows he is willing to do whatever is needed to get his program to the elite level. He has already done wonders with their offense and overall recruiting classes have been generally in the top 25. He did an impressive job in his hires on the defensive side of the ball, hiring coaches with impressive resumes and proven track records.

I think Washington, starting with the 2013 class, will join USC and Oregon as the schools you need to beat out for top California prospects.

I am a flatlander who got a UWash tour in 1998ish. View of Stadium out the ocean and them telling me 20,000 fans show up by boat.... impressive and sweet. I wasn't being recruited, the science labs where supposed to be what I was really looking at.... Even so, I know I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back