• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

Pneumonia vaccine will not help with preventing acquiring COVID-19. It may help with preventing COMPLICATIONS from COVID-19 (or any respiratory pathogen). In essence, preventing sepsis caused by a secondary bacterial infection caused by COVID-19.
That vaccine stops you from getting pnemonia from a specific source bacteria and it not corona virus.

Last edited:

I have a question on Coronavirus, and since @Native , seems to be good at answering these, why is Germany's death rate so low? Dozens of countries have a death rate well below 1%. Is there an explanation for that other than luck?

Last edited:
saw that price gouging is now being reported in a lot of different places. $10 roll of toilet paper, $80 bottle of hand sanitizer to name a couple. Hate to see people trying to make a killing on a something this serious!!!

saw that price gouging is now being reported in a lot of different places. $10 roll of toilet paper, $80 bottle of hand sanitizer to name a couple. Hate to see people trying to make a killing on a something this serious!!!
Actual retail stores are charging these prices?

Actual retail stores are charging these prices?
$26 thermometers, and "eeryday low price" $39.95 pair of facemasks. So far over 5000 complaints of price gouging. I remember 9/11 working in hastings,ne gas went up to $4 a gallon same day. As for your question it didn't say what store was doing the gouging, I just googled price gouging because of corona virus.

$26 thermometers, and "eeryday low price" $39.95 pair of facemasks. So far over 5000 complaints of price gouging. I remember 9/11 working in hastings,ne gas went up to $4 a gallon same day. As for your question it didn't say what store was doing the gouging, I just googled price gouging because of corona virus.
If random people are reselling that stuff online, I don't think that fits the traditional definition of "price gouging".
Despicable for sure, but not quite the same thing as a legit retailer

I've seen people trying to sell a fart in a jar for 5 bucks.
Personally, I think thats a steal.

Last edited:
That vaccine stops you from getting pnemonia from a specific source bacteria and it not corona virus.

The vaccine targets Streptococcus pneumoniae(pneumococcus), which remains a leading infectious cause of serious illness among older adults in the United States, where it results in hospitalization or death for thousands each year. Pneumococcal disease can cause severe infections of the lungs (pneumonia), bloodstream (bacteremia), and lining of the brain and spinal cord (meningitis). Vaccinations are the best way to prevent pneumococcal disease.
There are two vaccines that can prevent pneumococcal disease:
  • PCV13 (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine)
  • PPSV23 (pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine)

Pneumococcus Statistics

• In 2013 an estimated 13,500 cases of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD occurred among adults aged ≥65 years
  • Approximately 20%–25% of IPD cases and 10% of community-acquired pneumonia cases in adults aged ≥65 years are caused by PCV13 serotypes and are potentially preventable with the use of PCV13 in this population
  • Use of PCV13 since 2010 among children in the United States has reduced pneumococcal infections indirectly among adults. By 2013, the incidence of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) caused by serotypes unique to PCV13 among adults aged ≥65 years had declined by approximately 50% compared with 2010, when PCV13 replaced PCV7 in the pediatric immunization schedule.

Strep pneumo is the leading cause of pneumonia in the US, and thus why a vaccine against it was developed. The influenza vaccine helps prevent pneumonia, and the pneumonia vaccine prevent COMPLICATIONS from pneumonia (sepsis, meningitis). I can't find my source on that, it was an audio CME from AAFP.

Mostly on line people who are reselling from what I have seen.

If random people are reselling that stuff online, I don't think that fits the traditional definition of "price gouging".
Despicable for sure, but not quite the same thing as a legit retailer

I've seen people trying to sell a fart in a jar for 5 bucks.
Personally, I think thats a steal.
Only if it comes with a video of the process. Do you sit on the jar? hold it back there yourself? have an assistant hold it there?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back