• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

As long as its not 12 monkeys
[/QUOT
Here in Salina, KS, this is what we received from our superintendent via email yesterday afternoon...

Our schools will not open up again this semester.

My youngest is coming home from Clemson tonight.

All remaining classes this semester will be on line. I asked him how they're going to pull that off since they currently only have about 10% of their overall class load on line and he said his counselor said 'I don't know'.

This will be interesting.

I have found no information on whether or not having taken the two pneumonia shots provides any benefit to the symptoms of the Coronavirus. Any insights as to whether or not these vaccines help if you catch the Coronavirus?
Won't help in that scenario, Ive read. But if you generally are recommended for pnem vacc per age or risl factors it can still be s goof idea per one expert I read. Otherwise you might get old school pnem, end up in a hosp, and then contract Covid there, which is much more likely than if you're at home.

I'm not a doc, but I do believe if you get regular pnem, in a severe case you can end uo needing a ventilator. Then you're in competition with others to get one. Just like with toilet paper.

Won't help in that scenario, Ive read. But if you generally are recommended for pnem vacc per age or risl factors it can still be s goof idea per one expert I read. Otherwise you might get old school pnem, end up in a hosp, and then contract Covid there, which is much more likely than if you're at home.

I'm not a doc, but I do believe if you get regular pnem, in a severe case you can end uo needing a ventilator. Then you're in competition with others to get one. Just like with toilet paper.

Pneumonia vaccine will not help with preventing acquiring COVID-19. It may help with preventing COMPLICATIONS from COVID-19 (or any respiratory pathogen). In essence, preventing sepsis caused by a secondary bacterial infection caused by COVID-19.

Well, here's one way to get people to stay home in droves . . . temporarily, anyway. Winter storm hitting the front range today. Prettty nasty.

Certainly will...we received a phone call and an email survey today to see if we had access to internet and wifi that wasn't just through a cell phone. Gotta figure something out so seniors can graduate.

Wonder how many recruits won't qualify in time or at all to make it to whatever college sport they think they are playing next year.

Here in Salina, KS, this is what we received from our superintendent via email yesterday afternoon...

Our schools will not open up again this semester.
If it follows the Spanish Flu of 1918 (and it will) they will not reopen for physical class attendance in 2020. Mothers everywhere double their Valium dose :).

Remember, history doesn't always repeat itself but it does rhyme. These virus (Corona and Spanish Flu) have been behaving so similarly epidemiologically that it seems almost certain that we will be dealing with it (social distancing, etc) through till next spring.

If it follows the Spanish Flu of 1918 (and it will) they will not reopen for physical class attendance in 2020. Mothers everywhere double their Valium dose :).

Remember, history doesn't always repeat itself but it does rhyme. These virus (Corona and Spanish Flu) have been behaving so similarly epidemiologically that it seems almost certain that we will be dealing with it (social distancing, etc) through till next spring.

I heard that prediction as well. I hope to [select your deity] that this is not true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back