• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

Interesting read about the virus.

Edit: Link Fixed
In December 2019, 27 of the first 41 people hospitalised (66%) passed through a market located in the heart of Wuhan city in Hubei province. But, according to a study conducted at Wuhan Hospital, the very first human case identified did not frequent this market. Instead, a molecular dating estimate based on the SARS-CoV-2 genomic sequences indicates an origin in November. This raises questions about the link between this COVID-19 epidemic and wildlife.
I quote this paragraph, especially the bold, simply because way back in November and December, my place of employment hosted several people from mainland China, and at least a third of them were sniffling and coughing and blowing their noses. Around that same time, at least a third of my co-workers came down with what we all assumed was the flu. No one was hospitalized, but a few were really ill and missed several days of work.

I brought this up in another thread last week, and we still have to wonder if it was just coincidence or did they have the mild to less than severe symptoms of this virus. I'm basically conflated in that I kind of hope it wasn't C-19, but then again, if it was and you can't catch it twice...... only thing missing right around now is the creepy, scary background music.

Last edited:
I quote this paragraph, especially the bold, simply because way back in November and December, my place of employment hosted several people from mainland China, and at least a third of them were sniffling and coughing and blowing their noses. Around that same time, at least a third of my co-workers came down with what we all assumed was the flu. No one was hospitalized, but a few were really ill and missed several days of work.

I brought this up in another thread last week, and we still have to wonder if it was just coincidence or did they have the mild to less than severe symptoms of this virus. I'm basically conflated in that I kind of hope it wasn't C-19, but then again, if it was and you can't catch it twice...... only thing missing right around now is the creepy, scary background music.

Interesting read about the virus.

Edit: Link Fixed
Very interesting. Could be a movie thriller someday, the search for origin of COVID-19. btw: That is one ugly bat. I might have nightmares.

Just an FYI...While out getting dinner last night, I ran into a man who heads a National Guard unit and asked if he heard any news. He said,”Don’t be surprised to hear of a National lockdown announcement coming in next couple days with everything except non essential businesses closed (groceries, fuel, pharmacies). “ He said they are getting NG units placed first so no looting or problems would occur. I’m on the coast of Georgia in a small town.

If so, it should be announced looters will be shot on sight.

Do you mean typical cotton tip applicators?

Absolutely not. The swabs are relatively specific for what virus/bacteria we are testing for.

We have separate swabs for strep, RSV, and influenza. They are polyester or foam. Yet another swab for a respiratory pathogen panel. We WERE able to test for COVID off the respiratory pathogen panel swab (which would be ordered if influenza, RSV, and RPP were all negative). However, we switched to a faster COVID test, and now THAT is a separate swab, too.

“All of that allowed us to shift what our normally industrial respirators, the N95, over to health care workers. It gave us the certification that we needed to be able to do that,” Roman said.

Roman said other companies in areas such as logistics are working with 3M to help it continue to expand its capacity.

when the coronavirus was starting to dominate the headlines, Roman told CNBC that 3M was “ramping to full production.” He added at the time, We’re going 24/7.”

Honeywell said it hopes increased production will provide millions of additional masks to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

"Our Rhode Island facility already produces industry-leading safety gear and soon will play a critical role in supplying the Strategic National Stockpile with N95 masks," Darius Adamczyk, Honeywell chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement.

Honeywell said it will add about 500 jobs in Rhode Island to handle increased production. Recruiting, hiring and training will start immediately, the company said.

As the US pushes to ramp up coronavirus testing, the US Air Force has flown roughly a million testing swabs to the US from overseas, and more missions are expected, Air Mobility Command said Friday.

While there are companies in the US producing swabs, testing swabs are also being purchased from overseas to increase capability. Those flown in by AMC were produced by the Italian company Copan Diagnostics.

Posting this on the football forum to provide a single source of information about the Corona virus. The purpose is to provide information only about current developments about Covid-19 and is NOT for political commentary. Acceptable replies are notices of closings of schools, sports events and any other non political updates. The political discussion is to remain in Hot Topics only.

Here is a link to a video player that is curated from more than 100 sources that is updated every 20 minutes with only Corona virus coverage.

Here is a link to a statistics page that is updated regularly.

Here is a second statistics page.

Here is a state by state statistics page - The Covid Tracking Project.

Here is the Center for Disease Control (CDC) page.

Here is the World Health Organization page.

Nationwide school closure database.

Again please keep updates non political.

3/22 - Edit to add Covid Tracking Project.
Thanks for starting this thread. It’s nice just to have a thread dedicated to this topic without the political stuff.

Anyone have any info on how NY hospitals are doing? Hard to find real data outside of the big numbers of identified cases (due to the ramped up testing).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back