• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coronavirus Status Updates

As an aside, I had an exposure last Monday to an symptomatic (at the time) patient. His mom tested positive for COVID here in Nebraska yesterday. So I'm in quarantine.
Good plan - glad that you are quarantining yourself. I've seen a couple of articles by astronauts about isolation and how to deal with it. Here's a short one if anyone is interested.

Buzz Aldrin continues to be a source of good advice:

Last edited:

Taking some snapshots. I missed the weekend but you get a feel for the increases.

Edit: this has been updated. Thanks to the eagle eye posters below.

1585006891063.png

Last edited:
That looks a bit off on the deaths for the US, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Edit, you have the 19,101 number repeated in the death column.
Think you have an error on 3/23/2020 U.S. deaths. Closer to 500 the last I saw.

Well of course. I screwed up since I put it out there for everyone to see.

I'll edit my post with the update.

City and County of Denver and Boulder now under a “stay at home” order. No activities of any size allowed. All businesses except those defined as essential will close their facilities, except for basic operations. Currently slated to end April 10th but may be extended.

Update: liquor stores and dispensaries that follow extreme distancing allowed to stay open after massive panic surge. Oh, Colorado. :Rolleyes:

Stay at Home Order

Last edited:
City and County of Denver and Boulder now under a “stay at home” order. No activities of any size allowed. All businesses except those defined as essential will close their facilities, except for basic operations. Currently slated to end April 10th but may be extended.

Update: liquor stores and dispensaries that follow extreme distancing allowed to stay open after massive panic surge. Oh, Colorado. :Rolleyes:

Stay at Home Order
Do you honestly want to see what society looks like if the liquor stores and dispensaries close? Please let's keep certain folks inebriated for as long as we can. :)

Absolutely not. The swabs are relatively specific for what virus/bacteria we are testing for.

We have separate swabs for strep, RSV, and influenza. They are polyester or foam. Yet another swab for a respiratory pathogen panel. We WERE able to test for COVID off the respiratory pathogen panel swab (which would be ordered if influenza, RSV, and RPP were all negative). However, we switched to a faster COVID test, and now THAT is a separate swab, too.

Gotcha, thanks

Do you honestly want to see what society looks like if the liquor stores and dispensaries close? Please let's keep certain folks inebriated for as long as we can. :)
Have you read some of the exchanges on hear, say, over the last 6 years? ;)

Dr. Spencer is in NYC. For those of you not on Twitter he describes a day in his life right now. Very scary stuff, especially the disconnect he describes between what is happening in the hospitals and everyone on the outside.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back