• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Charlie Strong-New Whorns coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever the respective SOS…….. where did LV finish versus Neb? TU hired Strong who was already making more money then Bo… 3.5 million. Should give some perspective where Bo is in the pecking order? Wasn't even mentioned for the TU job.. was he?

Folks can attempt to tear down what CS did at LV all they want……. but the bottom line they've finished a lot better then Nebraska has the past couple of years. Talks cheap… action counts. I want Neb to perform AT LEAST as good as LV has… I'd be real happy with that.

All the speculation LV is now going to fall apart…. we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps CS has more to do with LV being successful then many want to admit for whatever reason they try to minimize it. Strange but oh well………… Lets see how CS does (rankings, etc) versus Bo the next several years? I think TU hired themselves a very good coach……………

Do you think CS would have been in the running if he played something other than a 1AA schedule? Odds are he loses a couple more games each year playing a normal conference schedule in either the SEC, Big12, Big10, ACC, Pac12. Say he loses one more each season considering the only team they played this season was UCF he may have lost more. Even with one of top NFL QB drafts he would have lost 2-3 in each of those conferences and not been in a BCS bowl in any of the years. Would he still be in the running for the UT job? I don't believe he would be, but he will have access to better athletes across the board now, and maybe he fits the bill as far as being controlled by the boosters so it could be a great fit we shall see. I just wonder how much time he will get to put his system in place.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

McCombs said he was certain Patterson couldn't go wrong on the hire during an interview with the San Antonio Express-News last week.

"I don't see how they can miss," McCombs told the paper. "They can get anyone they want. They can close their eyes and go 'Eeny-meeny-miny-moe' and end up with someone good."

well we only have to look a couple columns over if we wanted to do that and see Neb was 0-4 against top 30

At least, under my tutelage, you've finally developed the ability to "look a couple columns over." Thank me for my time!

Well since you listed me I guess you missed the part where I said "Don't let facts get in the way"

Yet, that's exactly what you did when you falsely and erroneously claimed that Louisville had a more difficult strength of schedule.

So while you're exuberant about our #60 SOS season and overly excited about next year, I find one of these two programs has been on an upswing and one of these programs recruited Bridgewater away from already being committed to Miami, the other.....well, hopefully they crack the top 25.

I never claimed that I was "exuberant about our #60 SOS season." But I AM somewhat exuberant over how foolish you looked when you claimed that Louisville had a more difficult strength of schedule. That was kinda fun. If it was me, I'd probably be doing the same thing you're doing: try to change the subject.

At least, under my tutelage, you've finally developed the ability to "look a couple columns over." Thank me for my time!

Yet, that's exactly what you did when you falsely and erroneously claimed that Louisville had a more difficult strength of schedule.

I never claimed that I was "exuberant about our #60 SOS season." But I AM somewhat exuberant over how foolish you looked when you claimed that Louisville had a more difficult strength of schedule. That was kinda fun. If it was me, I'd probably be doing the same thing you're doing: try to change the subject.
Where did I claim Louisville had a tougher schedule? I know you like to make things up and have for over a decade on this board but this will be a good one to see you explain me telling the previous poster to not let facts get in the way since HE proclaimed what you claim I did. I know it's confusing for you to follow along but maybe try harder.

Austin sports radio is saying it's still very much up in the air.

Watson did interview for the HC job at Louisville (obviously, not going to get it).

Strong does still plan to run a spread offense similar to what Watson employed. But at this point, it's not known if Shawn would like to look at other opportunities (head coaching?) or join the UT staff (or if Strong definitely wants him). Charlie did bring along most of his defensive assistants to Austin -- as well as his strength and conditioning coach (who he thinks is his most valuable assistant). But a holding pattern in place concerning the offensive side of the ball.

The radio guys here were discussing Watson -- and of course brought up his time at Nebraska -- and then said "Nebraska's offenses were horrible with Watson." And they laughed.

Last edited:
Strong is after the Clemson OC. Apparently he has a $5 million buyout (amazing, I would think, for an OC). Second choice is the Ohio State OC. Watson is pretty far down on Charlie's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back