• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Charlie Strong-New Whorns coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massey's is fairly well regarded... and in any event, there's much evidence that Louisville's SOS is terrible.

As far as Auburn being the luckiest, other than Georgia, why do you consider them so lucky?

How about running back a missed FG to win the game against Bama with no time left? They could have very easily lost their season opener against Wazzu without luck, there's 3 losses right there.

Roy, I guess you missed the CF and Baylor game. Baylor was dismantled in that game. THe LV loss to CF was very very close and could have gone either way.
No I saw it and yes it could have gone either way. Louisville had a 21 point lead and was going in for a TD when a fumble occured and UofL fell completely apart and lost the game....Louisville had them beat and gave it away.

Yeah, I wasn't really picking on you or D. But I'm definitely picking on the guys who quickly jumped on the misinformation in their continuing attempts to disparage Nebraska (and ended up looking foolish). Go Big Red?
Well since you listed me I guess you missed the part where I said "Don't let facts get in the way"

I don't need attempts to disparage anything, it's all been up front and clear as glass. Lets do this since we're comparing Louisville and the Huskers, let's compare bowl game attendance, final ranking, and who's coach was picked by Texas. Now remember, we're talking about Louisville and the Huskers here...... in the last decade Louisville has finished ranked #6 twice, #19 and #13 and this year yet to be determined but considering they annihilated a 9-3 Miami, I'm just guessing it will be closer to another Top Ten finish than we are.

So while you're exuberant about our #60 SOS season and overly excited about next year, I find one of these two programs has been on an upswing and one of these programs recruited Bridgewater away from already being committed to Miami, the other.....well, hopefully they crack the top 25.

Whatever the respective SOS…….. where did LV finish versus Neb? TU hired Strong who was already making more money then Bo… 3.5 million. Should give some perspective where Bo is in the pecking order? Wasn't even mentioned for the TU job.. was he?

Folks can attempt to tear down what CS did at LV all they want……. but the bottom line they've finished a lot better then Nebraska has the past couple of years. Talks cheap… action counts. I want Neb to perform AT LEAST as good as LV has… I'd be real happy with that.

All the speculation LV is now going to fall apart…. we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps CS has more to do with LV being successful then many want to admit for whatever reason they try to minimize it. Strange but oh well………… Lets see how CS does (rankings, etc) versus Bo the next several years? I think TU hired themselves a very good coach……………

Last edited:

I think NW was. But still not close to returning a short FG for a TD kind of luck.

Re Auburn beating Bama, I definitely don't see the win as lucky, and even the manner of win, though unusual, wasn't "lucky". One team made a play. The other failed to. That's not luck.

Luck is the ball taking a wild bounce off a DB's head or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back