• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received an email from the Athletic Department that said this:

Dear Season Ticket Holder:
Football season is right around the corner, and as a valued season ticket holder, we want you to be a part of an exciting announcement from the Athletics Department and adidas regarding the 2015 season. Check back Thursday morning to be among the first to see the news.

I wonder if this is implying there will also be an update to the regular uniforms and not just an announcement about the alternate unis?

I'd like to see maybe a game or two where they experiment without stripes on the pants and throw back in the black shoes, but everything else is the same. It would be a cool nod to this era:

Challenges.jpg

Non-stripe pants are Penn State level lame.

I wonder if this is implying there will also be an update to the regular uniforms and not just an announcement about the alternate unis?

I am wondering the same thing. Years before there was definite talk of "alternate" jerseys and this year its more cryptic. With the coaching regime change it would make sense to do it now if you were ever going to do it but I would hope its not a very hard change. Getting "exotic" with an alternate is one thing but doing a complete makeover on our traditional look would be quite another.

I am wondering the same thing. Years before there was definite talk of "alternate" jerseys and this year its more cryptic. With the coaching regime change it would make sense to do it now if you were ever going to do it but I would hope its not a very hard change. Getting "exotic" with an alternate is one thing but doing a complete makeover on our traditional look would be quite another.

I will be surprised if Eichorst and Riley go for a significant change to the uniforms. But as you say, it would make sense to tweak them now in conjunction with the regime change.

It'd be nice if they brought back the bigger and bolder numbers from before 2011. Here's the subtle but noticeable difference:

101410.jpg

37794632E.jpg

When the official Huskers Twitter account tweeted "An introduction to the future" that also made me think what you're saying.

I think maryland has it correct, put all sorts of crazy things all over the helmet and jerseys, and mix in a little flava with the pants.

Make the opposition puke from fashion.

After much reassessment (and reading all 14 pages of this thread) I think the Huskers should make the alternative uniforms have red jerseys, white pants (stripes/no stripes makes no difference) with a white helmet with a red strip. Oh, and a red "N" on the sides of the helmet to keep traditionalists happy.

Thoughts?

After much reassessment (and reading all 14 pages of this thread) I think the Huskers should make the alternative uniforms have red jerseys, white pants (stripes/no stripes makes no difference) with a white helmet with a red strip. Oh, and a red "N" on the sides of the helmet to keep traditionalists happy.

Thoughts?

All Black unis would be cool.... :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back