• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CKknZm8VEAAthxM.jpg

Look closely, the jersey is black....

I love this idea! Of course Purdue will likely wear black jerseys at home, so it may not work. I like the idea though but I'm biased because Halloween is my bday. The 'skers have a pretty good record on my Bday since I've been born, 4-1 IIRC, so we should have no problem beating the boilermakers this year :)

So... you're 5 years old? That's how math works, right?

:Biggrin:

Last edited:

CKknZm8VEAAthxM.jpg

Look closely, the jersey is black....
OOOOOH!!!! Give me the All Black Uni, with the red and small white accents.... I dig that Helmet already..... If it turns out to be essentially all black, I will just say, Thank you........ and HAHAHA to those of you who absolutely don't want black at all.... That helmet kicks ass....

OOOOOH!!!! Give me the All Black Uni, with the red and small white accents.... I dig that Helmet already..... If it turns out to be essentially all black, I will just say, Thank you........ and HAHAHA to those of you who absolutely don't want black at all.... That helmet kicks ass....

I have been completely underwhelmed so far by the alternate uniforms, and it appears that will be the case again this year. Note to the geniuses at Adidas: Black is not one of our school colors!

I try, I really do. But I just cannot understand the love of all black uniforms. Maybe on Princeton, yes. But on a school whose colors are scarlet and cream? Sorry, just don't get it. It just isn't our brand and to me looks like some high school kids dressing up for Halloween.

I have been completely underwhelmed so far by the alternate uniforms, and it appears that will be the case again this year. Note to the geniuses at Adidas: Black is not one of our school colors!

"I see a uni and I want it painted black".

Couldn't resist the Rolling Stones reference!

I try, I really do. But I just cannot understand the love of all black uniforms. Maybe on Princeton, yes. But on a school whose colors are scarlet and cream? Sorry, just don't get it. It just isn't our brand and to me looks like some high school kids dressing up for Halloween.

Agree....... The only saving grace is it's only 1 game a season. I never realized there were this many Husker fans so into fashion. :Biggrin:

Please note there were no explanation marks used in this post. ;)

In the sports fashion world, black is the new cream.

Like such as... OMG! It just works, dontcha think?!

Last edited:

I'm not exactly sure, but what is the point of alternate uniforms? There is no way we've received one additional recruit from these things over the years and most people don't like them, so I doubt they are selling a ton of these to the public. The only thing I can guess is that they are hoping that one of them sticks and we eventually wear it more than once. But overall, I don't get it.

Last edited:
I will be surprised if Eichorst and Riley go for a significant change to the uniforms. But as you say, it would make sense to tweak them now in conjunction with the regime change.

Those are the reasons that I would be more concerned.

Oregon State certainly seemed to like the different, funny looking costumes instead of a standard uniform, and Eichorst probably believes that our look belongs to his former employer in Wisconsin, so he's probably willing to give ours up.

That seems to be the only great idea that they can come up with. Put them in black every year, even though it's not one of their school colors and it's not very creative.

Really, really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back