• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad part of all this is, I wont even get to see what our alts are until late tomorrow because of a four letter word I call work.....:lol:

After much reassessment (and reading all 14 pages of this thread) I think the Huskers should make the alternative uniforms have red jerseys, white pants (stripes/no stripes makes no difference) with a white helmet with a red strip. Oh, and a red "N" on the sides of the helmet to keep traditionalists happy.

Thoughts?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Trust me. Next year, we're having a home game promoting breast cancer awareness. Pink jerseys, pink N and stripe on the helmet, pink facemasks, pink socks.

I am wondering the same thing. Years before there was definite talk of "alternate" jerseys and this year its more cryptic. With the coaching regime change it would make sense to do it now if you were ever going to do it but I would hope its not a very hard change. Getting "exotic" with an alternate is one thing but doing a complete makeover on our traditional look would be quite another.

If they do a tweak I would like to see maybe a single stripe on the pants and jersey to make it match the helmet more. Also, I am one that wouldn't mind seeing the block N on the helmet that matches all the other branding.

I disagree. Having navy as a color makes everything look boring. Scarlet red looks much better than navy without stripes.

I don't think Navy makes everything boring, although it is overused especially in the NFL. Picture PSU's uni's with a stripe on the pants to match the helmet, stripe on the jersey, and the Nittany Lion logo on the helmet. All the sudden, they have a very sharp uni.

Trust me. Next year, we're having a home game promoting breast cancer awareness. Pink jerseys, pink N and stripe on the helmet, pink facemasks, pink socks.

We play at Purdue on Halloween. I think it would be great to do a Blackshirt motif with skulls on the helmets and maybe somewhere on the pants. :cool:

We play at Purdue on Halloween. I think it would be great to do a Blackshirt motif with skulls on the helmets and maybe somewhere on the pants. :cool:

I love this idea! Of course Purdue will likely wear black jerseys at home, so it may not work. I like the idea though but I'm biased because Halloween is my bday. The 'skers have a pretty good record on my Bday since I've been born, 4-1 IIRC, so we should have no problem beating the boilermakers this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back