• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternative Uniforms to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that as if it's an absolute truth, and it isn't.

My son and I were the beneficiaries of a stadium tour a few years back led by some of the players and they were asked this directly.

A WR and a special teams player said that wasn't their thing, and pointed at a former DB, it's theirs. The WR said he came here to wear the red and went on and on how special it was to come out of the tunnel on gameday in their red and white into the SEA OF RED!

There are some fans that are stuck on this tired old "black" thing mixed in with our team colors, but with the majority of the fans, there's little interest. With the players, they want an alternative uniform game, but they aren't tied into the black.

I'm like others, I'd like to see them do something special with our uniform for a game. Something that accentuates our colors but spruces up the uniform, for one game. A circle around the N on the helmet? Stylizing the trim on the uniform and possibly some classy logos?

There are so many things they can do that would be pretty sharp without having to wear somebody elses colors.

The best alternative uniform to this point has been the throwback used during the 300th sellout. Hands down.

An updated version of the 1971 uniform would be interesting, IMO.

Now that's something we can agree on.

Picture please

I'd love to see these make a comeback.

31512_Nebraska_Throwbacks_Football_medium.jpg

34222_LA_Lafayette_Nebraska_Football_medium.jpg

Last edited:

My son and I were the beneficiaries of a stadium tour a few years back led by some of the players and they were asked this directly.

A WR and a special teams player said that wasn't their thing, and pointed at a former DB, it's theirs. The WR said he came here to wear the red and went on and on how special it was to come out of the tunnel on gameday in their red and white into the SEA OF RED!

There are some fans that are stuck on this tired old "black" thing mixed in with our team colors, but with the majority of the fans, there's little interest. With the players, they want an alternative uniform game, but they aren't tied into the black.

I'm like others, I'd like to see them do something special with our uniform for a game. Something that accentuates our colors but spruces up the uniform, for one game. A circle around the N on the helmet? Stylizing the trim on the uniform and possibly some classy logos?

There are so many things they can do that would be pretty sharp without having to wear somebody elses colors.

The best alternative uniform to this point has been the throwback used during the 300th sellout. Hands down.

What did he mean by "It's theirs"?

I doubt this is the absolute truth either. And wouldn't the '71 uni's be your thing?

Last edited:
Man this is great. Fourteen pages on the design/color of alternative uniforms which only get used for one game. Who says we don’t have a ton of couth and sophistication out here in the corn fields.

:nothingtoadd:

ha!...and still not talk on the much needed accessories

I rarely agree with you fRed. But I don't disagree with anything in this post.

Boring. But better than the last 3 attempts at alternate unis. These could be spruced up slightly and be very nice.

As much as I didn't care for the black alts I would take them over these throwbacks. Both are infinitely better than the other alts we have used though.

Full disclosure: I like the OSU uniforms that were posted earlier and wouldn't mind something close to those.

Agree, gotta have stripes on the pants...but we are talking alternates here.

I'd like to see maybe a game or two where they experiment without stripes on the pants and throw back in the black shoes, but everything else is the same. It would be a cool nod to this era:

Challenges.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back