• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. HuskerShield

Riley vs Spurrier today

Well, I'll bet the post-game presser was awfully nice.
  2. HuskerShield

Riley vs Spurrier today

Um... 29-29 isn't winning...
  3. HuskerShield

I’m usually not okay with....

o_O wow!
  4. HuskerShield

What's the name of your Bowl Game?

The Scheels Breakfast Casserole and Coffee Bowl
  5. HuskerShield

Bunch next to go?

From the outside, it appears that he is handling this with class. He will be a career backup if he stays. I hope he finds a place to play.
  6. HuskerShield

Looking for breakfast recommendations.....

It's kind of sacrilegious that nobody has mentioned Tina's Cafe, 616 South Street.
  7. HuskerShield

8 days. Hard to believe.

I was having this exact same thought just yesterday...
  8. HuskerShield

I'd make every decision different if I knew the outcome. - S. Frost

I don't know that I agree completely. Time will tell, obviously, however I would argue we've seen bits and pieces of how well they can play and aside from the 4th quarter meltdown Saturday was an improvement over most of the season.
  9. HuskerShield

I'd make every decision different if I knew the outcome. - S. Frost

Every team we play is supremely confident that they can beat us. We were NW's homecoming game... we aren't supremely confident in anything right now. No position group has played mistake-free. It's in their heads. Until they can get out of their own ways, this team will have to learn the...
  10. HuskerShield

Frost - Rejoice in Our Suffering

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
  11. HuskerShield

This Team Can’t Handle Pressure

This team is learning some tough lessons. I'd rather they learn them all this year. I was disappointed in the loss, of course, but it's only wasted if the coaches and players don't learn and improve. I work with kids every day. Teachers/coaches can tell them how to do it right over and over...
  12. HuskerShield

0-11

Troy won 11 games last year and won at LSU. I might be the only one on the PLANET who didn't chalk this one up as an automatic win... and I seriously doubt Frost chalked it up as an automatic either. They guy is smart enough to know that every game is in doubt with this team because we are our...
  13. HuskerShield

We are going to be a tough out this year...

Um, no. The coaches can preach attention to detail all they want, now the team sees that it's true. Rarely in the Riley Era did attention to detail translate into wins, especially last year. They had to learn some lessons that coaching couldn't drive home. Getting routed does nothing for...
  14. HuskerShield

Iowa Football Schedule Lookahead: Nebraska Cornhuskers

Well that was... a waste of time...
  15. HuskerShield

Are you serious?

So... even Riley knew that his defense was horrible? That's why he suggested OU I guess? What a tool...
  16. HuskerShield

Will running ability hold bigger sway?

At least two coaches have talking, in the last week alone, about the nod going to the QB that runs the offense most efficiently...no turnovers, get the ball to playmakers in space. With the stacked RB and WR rooms, it makes some sense...at least early.
  17. HuskerShield

Runningbacks: Primary Back or By Committee?

UCF's top back had 122 carries, then Milton had 106. The third and fourth guys had 69 each, so your prediction might just play out. (500 total rushes for the season.) Hard to say, though, as Milton had figured out the system and how to improvise withing the system.
  18. HuskerShield

Couple not-so-enthusiastic outside opinions of the 2018 Huskers

Agreed. I certainly hope that SF's system does help the OL and we get better play out of the deal.
  19. HuskerShield

Couple not-so-enthusiastic outside opinions of the 2018 Huskers

I guess I'll disagree with you a bit. Milton's stats at UCF his first year were pedestrian... 10TD, 7INT 57% completion and less than 6YPA. Then it clicked and he finished second in Heisman voting. I'm just thinking that there will be times that the QB will struggle this year. We will face...

Back