• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

0-11

It takes talent to win at the FBS level. The BTN's Gerry Dinrado said the AM is a rare talent. Tom Osborne says that Martinez is a great player. Has TO ever said that about anyone?

Keep in mind that AM has never lost a game at NU that he has been able to finish. Let's hope that our most talented player can start and finish versus Michigan...and that we can play some error-free ball for a change.

GBR!

Last edited:
It takes talent to win at the FBS level. The BTN's Gerry Dinrado said the AM is a rare talent. Tom Osborne says that Martinez is a great player. Has TO ever said that about anyone?

Keep in mind that AM has never lost a game at NU that he has been able to finish. Let's hope that our most talented player can start and finish versus Michigan...and that we can play some error-free ball for a change.

GBR!
lol

It's true. AM remains unbeaten as a finisher.

The B1G West title is up for grabs. It's time to move forward and keep on competing.

Rocky Marciano - no talent, 5'11" 185 pounds. Became a pro boxer at age 25 because he didn't want to work in a shoe factory like his old man. Hard work, grit and determination can overcome.

As a finisher, Marciano was 49-0.

NU has lost the first 2 rounds. But the fight is not over yet. We still have 9 more rounds to go. We have been punched in the nose, but we have not been knocked out.

Marciano took a big punch in the nose during his HWT championship fight with Ezzard Charles. Here is what it looked like.

s-l1000.jpg

The punch to his nose was bleeding badly and they almost stopped the fight. But Rocky hung in there and finished the fight...

The Nazi's were punching England on the nose. This was their response...

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!!!"

maxresdefault.jpg

GBR!

Last edited:

Way too much pessimism here. Both of our losses were close and the teams that beat us were good teams that played well. Better days are ahead, especially if we get AM back to full speed.

The fans can talk all they want want about rebuilding this and that, but there is not a person on the PLANET who thought Troy would win this game whether Martinez played or they brought Frazier back for a game. Guarantee Frost and coaches chalked this up as a win when they planned out the season.

So that makes me wonder, will all the “greatest fans in the world” be ok if Frost goes 0-11 this year? And anyone who thinks that might not happen remember, this was the most winnable game on paper and they got dominated. There is a VERY real possibility of that happening.

Troy won 11 games last year and won at LSU. I might be the only one on the PLANET who didn't chalk this one up as an automatic win... and I seriously doubt Frost chalked it up as an automatic either. They guy is smart enough to know that every game is in doubt with this team because we are our own worst enemy. Being soft and self-destructive has been a hallmark of this program for quite some time. I watched the whole game and will continue to do so because, at the very least, this team doesn't roll over once things go south.

With a healthy Martinez for four quarters, it's a double-digit win for NU even with the weaknesses in other parts of the game, though. Not that that's really an excuse, but it is the reality.
As long as he doesn't turn the ball over.

Troy won 11 games last year and won at LSU. I might be the only one on the PLANET who didn't chalk this one up as an automatic win... and I seriously doubt Frost chalked it up as an automatic either. They guy is smart enough to know that every game is in doubt with this team because we are our own worst enemy. Being soft and self-destructive has been a hallmark of this program for quite some time. I watched the whole game and will continue to do so because, at the very least, this team doesn't roll over once things go south.
And Frost is also smart enough to know 11 new starters on Troy should make the game very winnable It was/Is not same Troy team. I picked Troy to win this game in the season record contest. Picked it as a wakeup game never thinking it would be because the team just wasn't ready.

I think what Coach Frost said at the beginning of his Post game interview may be telling more than what most people caught:

"I told the team, If anyone doesn't want to stay on board with this ride let me know now and get off cause I know where this is going".

To me he is giving notice to the players he and his coaches believe are not giving 100% and/or are not buying into the culture and system he is installing. We may see some starting line up changes if I read his statement right.

And Frost is also smart enough to know 11 new starters on Troy should make the game very winnable It was/Is not same Troy team. I picked Troy to win this game in the season record contest. Picked it as a wakeup game never thinking it would be because the team just wasn't ready.

I still think if AM played the Huskers win by 10. Bunch just can't make the plays he can.

ANYONE WHO PUT THIS AS AN AUTOMATIC WIN SIMPLY WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE LAST COUPLE YEARS OF CFB THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS BESIDES POWER 5 TROY AND AKRON WERE BOTH VERY GOOD LAST YEAR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back