• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

8 days. Hard to believe.

No reason to root for a BIG10 team over any other team. I don't want them to get a recruiting bump by winning a Natty, leave that for us.

There is a reason to root for the B1G from my standpoint. Do you really want the SEC to get any more credit over the B1G than they are right now? I'm often amazed on the number of people who complain about SEC bias and then root against the B1G.

Last edited:

There is a reason to root for the B1G from my standpoint. Do you really want the SEC to get any more credit over the B1G than they are right now? I'm often amazed on the number of people who complain about SEC bias and then root against the B1G.

When tOSU beat Alabama to win the NC, as I recall, I felt rather good about it. I definitely was not pulling for Alabama. For me, rooting for Big 10 teams over teams from any other conference is the norm.

When Clemson beat tOSU 31-0 I felt embarrassed. I guess I have developed an emotional tie to the Big 10.

Last edited:

Your reason to root for BIG teams is that you don't like the SEC? Ok, but I just root for Nebraska. I don't "get" the "best conference" stuff and don't buy the SEC bias stuff...maybe if we had an annual game where an all-BIG team played an all-SEC team, I could get into it a bit. As it is, I don't care at all unless I make a wager.

Last edited:
Your reason to root for BIG teams is that you don't like the SEC? Ok, but I just root for Nebraska. I don't "get" the "best conference" stuff and don't buy the SEC bias stuff...maybe if we had an annual game where an all-BIG team played an all-SEC team, I could get into it a bit. As it is, I don't care at all unless I make a wager.
well you can have your reason.....or none at all and I can have mine.

AMEN TO THIS!!!!

It sucks for Big Red to be done so early again, but Big Red is going to be the talk around college football after our last two games. The future is so bright.

My son attends Oklahoma State, and while that program doesn't boast the pedigree of Nebraska, it reminds me a lot of Nebraska because the whole campus is so friendly, as are the fans. So I'll root for them to get into a bowl. They've had a bipolar season. Beat Boise, Texas, and a couple of plays from beating OU, and then lay a huge egg at home against Tech. Cornelius held his own.

I want chaos. I want to burn everything down. I want wailing and gnashing of teeth for as far as the eye can see. I want Urban Meyer to complain about missing a PAT in a 55-0 route of Michigan, and then get steamrolled by Northwestern in the B1G Championship. I want West Virginia to beat Oklahoma, then see Oklahoma beat them in the Big 12 Championship. I want Washington State to win out, and I want Mike Leach to take his pirate sword to every interview until 2019 so that he can literally swing his sword and smack stuff every time someone asks a stupid question. I want a scandal in the SEC where a big conspiracy is uncovered showing that Alabama boosters have been paying Auburn's recruiting staff to sign mediocre talent for years, and Auburn retaliates by releasing video footage of an Auburn alum dressed as an Alabama alum throwing money at a long-snapper that nobody ever heard of before, but both teams were recruiting. I want video footage of Tom Herman pole dancing with Zach Smith at a strip club while the working ladies look on with concern. I want Nick Saban to go coach some NFL team. I want whoever wrote "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" to sue PJ Fleck for copyright infringement. I want the CFP committee to drop the charade and just go with their hearts and pick Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Kentucky for the playoffs. I also want mobs with pitchforks and torches chasing the CFP committee into their NCAA-provided panic room.

That's all I ask.

I was having this exact same thought just yesterday...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back