• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Busch to be OFFICIALLY named ST Coordinator

Well, I'm swimming against the current here - most seem to believe what you do. But pre 2021, we could bank on getting blown out by OSU - Oklahoma if we played them, Michigan and maybe Wiscy. Rinse and repeat, year after year, back to Pelini's last year or two.

In 2021, we were in all of those games and were competitive until almost the last tick of the clock. Improvement on the field was obvious in many areas, and glaringly absent in a few crucial ones. If you can't see that, I wonder if you watched the games? Or did you just read the scores in the paper the next day?
Oh I watch the games!! I believe a lot of teams just toyed with us, especially teams in our division. They know that when they commit to it, they can ram the ball down our throats. Even Purdue who doesn't normally run the ball that well had success running the ball against us. Teams in Big 10 were pretty balanced this year and not dominated by Ohio State. I hate all of this, believe me as I have been diehard fan since Devaney days. I hate to think other teams feel sorry for us but they probably do.

So you really don’t know what they are then?
Lol. I think we have done quite a good job of laying this out for you over the last season.. But if you don't think there haven't been issues starting at the top related to accountability, development of personnel, shoddy play calling, terrible game management, personnel groupings, poor local high school relationship bulding, poor talent assessment etc, then we have been watching two different teams.

Last edited:
But we did lead in 5 of the 9 losses, and in a 6th (Wisconsin) we were tied for much of the game, including with less than 3 minutes to go. In others we had the ball late with the opportunity to take the lead. Thus, they were truly close games. This supports both the group that said at the beginning of the year “being in every game” is the significant improvement they wanted to see, and the group that says losing every close game-9 of them- is strong evidence of bad coaching. Which is the debate that every thread seems to devolve to.
We made a huge comeback to get in the game against Illinois. We were really never in the Purdue or Minnesota games and these will be 3 games many will pencil in as wins next year like we do every year. It never felt like we were going to win the Oklahoma game or the Ohio State game even though we stayed close.

On offense, other than going to the TE, anyone name 2 bread and butter plays?
If anyones having a tough time doing so, then an answer may be one of two things, either the HC doesnt believe in them or the assistants cant get his guys to run them extremely well.
Are there more possibilities? Potentially, but it was obvious we weren't great at any one thing on offense other than throwing to or using the TEs in plays.

Last edited:

We made a huge comeback to get in the game against Illinois. We were really never in the Purdue or Minnesota games and these will be 3 games many will pencil in as wins next year like we do every year. It never felt like we were going to win the Oklahoma game or the Ohio State game even though we stayed close.
You can't be serious can you?

Yant tripped up by Joe Grass or the game is tied at 30 3rd quarter at Minny.

NU was ahead at halftime vs Purdue and were one missed pass to Toure to go up by 10.

Even the OSU game the strip sack of Stroud we were tied weren't we?

Driving to tie or win vs OU?

Ahead until the punt from hell vs Sparty. Tied with Michigan late til Martinez was stripped. And moving the ball btw

What games were you watching?

Last edited:
You can't be serious can you?

Yant tripped up by Joe Grass or the game is tied at 30 3rd quarter at Minny.

NU was ahead at halftime vs Purdue and were one missed pass to Toure to go up by 10.

Even the OSU game the strip sack of Stroud we were tied weren't we?

Driving to tie or win vs OU?

Ahead until the punt from hell vs Sparty. Tied with Michigan late til Martinez was stripped. And moving the ball btw

What games were you watching?
Same games you were watching. Do you deny we were down by 20 points to Illinois? We were in catch-up mode and high stress mode with the exception of Northwestern and the two non Power 5’s. We never quite got the things totally going against Buffalo and even Fordham was close too long. I guess what I’m referring to is game control which is used for some as a metric for determining the strength of a team. We sure didn’t have much time of possession in which we were leading and we were constantly stressing both the offense and defense while playing catch up in the games we lost which by the way were 9 out of 12 played.

Same games you were watching. Do you deny we were down by 20 points to Illinois? We were in catch-up mode and high stress mode with the exception of Northwestern and the two non Power 5’s. We never quite got the things totally going against Buffalo and even Fordham was close too long. I guess what I’m referring to is game control which is used for some as a metric for determining the strength of a team. We sure didn’t have much time of possession in which we were leading and we were constantly stressing both the offense and defense while playing catch up in the games we lost which by the way were 9 out of 12 played.
Do we give style points for wins?

Isn't football a 4 quarter game?

I think you are simply looking to nitpick. Actually there is no doubt in my mind you are nitpicking.

You said we were "not even in the game" versus Minnesota, Purdue and Oklahoma and Ohio St.

Last edited:

Do we give style points for wins?

Isn't football a 4 quarter game?

I think you are simply looking to nitpick. Actually there is no doubt in my mind you are nitpicking.

You said we were "not even in the game" versus Minnesota, Purdue and Oklahoma and Ohio St.
Nice revision, I said it felt like we were never going to win the game. I never once said we were not in the game as you quote. In the future if you quote me please do it correctly and accurately. Yes football is a 4 quarter game and at the end of the fourth quarter the scoreboard had us as beaten 9 times which hasn’t happened in over 60 years. At the end of the day that’s the only stat that really matters.

Nice revision, I said it felt like we were never going to win the game. I never once said we were not in the game as you quote. In the future if you quote me please do it correctly and accurately. Yes football is a 4 quarter game and at the end of the fourth quarter the scoreboard had us as beaten 9 times which hasn’t happened in over 60 years. At the end of the day that’s the only stat that really matters.
Um. No. Read your post. It's on my before you tried to revise it

Last edited:

That is AFTER you revised it (and then accused me of revising mine). Read my response to you at 2:00 pm
I didn’t accuse you of revising your post nor did I revise mine. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. If you felt for multiple points in time that we were going to beat Ohio State and or Oklahoma that’s your prerogative. I didn’t feel that way and that’s what I said. You don’t like my opinion, tough I don’t like losing nine games in a season and then listen to folks talk about progress.

Last edited:

We made a huge comeback to get in the game against Illinois. We were really never in the Purdue or Minnesota games and these will be 3 games many will pencil in as wins next year like we do every year. It never felt like we were going to win the Oklahoma game or the Ohio State game even though we stayed close
I didn’t accuse you of revising your post nor did I revise mine. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. If you felt for multiple points in time that we were going to beat Ohio State and or Oklahoma that’s your prerogative. I didn’t feel that way and that’s what I said. You don’t like my opinion, tough I don’t like losing nine games in a season and then listen to folks talk about progress.
Let me help you. See bolded.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back