• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Busch to be OFFICIALLY named ST Coordinator

Against the run they where good. Against the pass they where average. In the red zone they where good. On third and long they where putrid. I don’t believe that Chin is a good coach. The more I think about it, I believe the defense will be way worse next year. :Bananalazy:
I think next year will give us a better feel where Chins is at. He’s losing a lot. And the team looked good at times. Especially the defensive line. I hate the term bend don’t break because I don’t believe that is a good defensive plan. Get off the field early.

If our defense doesn’t step back much I’d call it a very successful year for chins.

Sort of!! But we know that at crunch time Nebraska would fail. I hate to admit that teams knew that also
You must be psychotelepathic. I felt like we were in lots of games. It felt good to be competitive against Oklahoma, Michigan, Mich Sate, OSU. I didn’t feel like I “knew” we’d lose.

You must be psychotelepathic. I felt like we were in lots of games. It felt good to be competitive against Oklahoma, Michigan, Mich Sate, OSU. I didn’t feel like I “knew” we’d lose.
You really don't have to telepathic! It just happens over and over. Like groundhogs day. Especially against teams in our division.

Exactly
The ONLY coach who put his players in spots to win.

Can you explain what he did differently to put his players in spots to win compared to what the others didn't? In my opinion SF who is the HC and OC and who makes player/personnel decisions is the one who puts players in spots to win. He overrode his offensive assistants on some player decisions so I see him as the one not putting players in spots to win.

So please go into more details on what Beckton did compared to Mario, Greg, Matt, and Ryan.

I guess the lazy answer is he developed them better but I would like more than that.

C

You really don't have to telepathic! It just happens over and over. . Especially against teams in our division.

Invincible unbroken GIF - Find on GIFER

C

Can you explain what he did differently to put his players in spots to win compared to what the others didn't? In my opinion SF who is the HC and OC and who makes player/personnel decisions is the one who puts players in spots to win. He overrode his offensive assistants on some player decisions so I see him as the one not putting players in spots to win.

So please go into more details on what Beckton did compared to Mario, Greg, Matt, and Ryan.

I guess the lazy answer is he developed them better but I would like more than that.

C
Production matters right?
And why was our OC getting paid OC money if he wasnt the OC?
I havnt looked it up, but our TE production was likely as high as its ever been, something you want in your wrs too in this offense.

Our RB room was rumored to have a number one guy, our O line was supposed to gel as a unit.
When you see wrs getting open, how much is scheme and how much is just beating your guy?
There was plenty wrong with the team last year and it wasnt the players.
Usually I'm a coach positive guy, but I just cant be after how they played.
A big part was AM too, but some of that too could have been inadequate prep to the scheme.
I have a question for you,name 2 bread and butter plays other than TE we had last year?

You really don't have to telepathic! It just happens over and over. Like groundhogs day. Especially against teams in our division.
Well, I'm swimming against the current here - most seem to believe what you do. But pre 2021, we could bank on getting blown out by OSU - Oklahoma if we played them, Michigan and maybe Wiscy. Rinse and repeat, year after year, back to Pelini's last year or two.

In 2021, we were in all of those games and were competitive until almost the last tick of the clock. Improvement on the field was obvious in many areas, and glaringly absent in a few crucial ones. If you can't see that, I wonder if you watched the games? Or did you just read the scores in the paper the next day?

Well, I'm swimming against the current here - most seem to believe what you do. But pre 2021, we could bank on getting blown out by OSU - Oklahoma if we played them, Michigan and maybe Wiscy. Rinse and repeat, year after year, back to Pelini's last year or two.

In 2021, we were in all of those games and were competitive until almost the last tick of the clock. Improvement on the field was obvious in many areas, and glaringly absent in a few crucial ones. If you can't see that, I wonder if you watched the games? Or did you just read the scores in the paper the next day?
Progress- In year 4 we lost 9 games but hey we were close all nine times we lost. I’m not 100% sure on this but of the nine games we lost how many minutes did we ever even lead in? Other than Iowa it wasn’t very many.

People may disagree, but I have always seen constantly losing close ones as a major HC problem, and he should not be praised for that but should be criticized.

Granted no one likes to root for a team that has 73 laid on them because of stubborness of the coach, but if you have the personnel to be close against good teams, you ought to be able to not just be close but to beat worse teams. Just being close to all of them is a serious defect in coaching in my opinion.

Progress- In year 4 we lost 9 games but hey we were close all nine times we lost. I’m not 100% sure on this but of the nine games we lost how many minutes did we ever even lead in? Other than Iowa it wasn’t very many.
But we did lead in 5 of the 9 losses, and in a 6th (Wisconsin) we were tied for much of the game, including with less than 3 minutes to go. In others we had the ball late with the opportunity to take the lead. Thus, they were truly close games. This supports both the group that said at the beginning of the year “being in every game” is the significant improvement they wanted to see, and the group that says losing every close game-9 of them- is strong evidence of bad coaching. Which is the debate that every thread seems to devolve to.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back