• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Busch to be OFFICIALLY named ST Coordinator

Let me help you. See bolded.
Dude you keep moving the goalposts. We were talking about Ohio state and Oklahoma and now you’ve moved the argument to Minnesota and Purdue. But if you’re going to keep on digging your hole I’ll be your huckleberry. We were down in the fourth quarter 28-17 to Purdue and scored a late touchdown with about a minute and a half left to cut it to the final score of 28-23. That’s what bookies like to call a back door cover, even though we were favored and lost at home. Against Minnesota we never lead and in the fourth quarter we were behind by 30-16. With a little over a minute left we scored to make the final 30-23. Another back door close game. Yes they were parts of the game we were still in it but it was late scores that made both games appear closer in the end. now I’m sure you’re gonna try to argue some more about how we should’ve won those games so have it. I will try to keep your embarrassment to a minimum.

You can't be serious can you?

Yant tripped up by Joe Grass or the game is tied at 30 3rd quarter at Minny.

NU was ahead at halftime vs Purdue and were one missed pass to Toure to go up by 10.

Even the OSU game the strip sack of Stroud we were tied weren't we?

Driving to tie or win vs OU?

Ahead until the punt from hell vs Sparty. Tied with Michigan late til Martinez was stripped. And moving the ball btw

What games were you watching?
Yes. Thank you. As bad as it was, against Purdue we had onside kick bounce into CTB’s arms at end but got jarred loose. Outplayed that game but we were in it in last moments.

Yant turf monster was at 3:44 to go 3Q to take lead. It was 16-21 and except for our sins we would have led 23-21 in 4th and who knows what would have happened.

I would agree Illinois, Purdue and Minnesota were probably our worst played games. Still, Both Minnesota and Purdue were fighting for West Division title on last weekend. Illinois was first game and better than most give them credit.

Iowa, MSU, Mich we led in 4Q
OU, Ohio State, Wisconsin we had our chances right at the end.

Really wish we didn’t diminish our competitiveness or exaggerate. Also agree we are what our record of 3-9 says we are and sucked in the clutch. Sure hope something changes next year and it’s clear moves are being made to try to change all that. I’ll hope for the corner to be turned this year, but will be a bit guarded from heartbreak. Go big red.

The only hope I have is the new hires like Joseph and Whipple can mentor their boss.
This 100%

Of all the things needed to turn things around in 2022, whether it be improved OL play, improved STs, improved play from the QB, an influx of new talent, etc etc etc, nothing is more important, and will have more of an impact on results, than this.

It will happen, or there will be change.

GBR

If Busch is to be named an official coach, it will either be after the LSU money runs out or his contract is structured to milk as much money out of LSU as possible. I think he'd be a good pick for lots of reasons. Good recruiter, can focus on special teams, can help with DB's, and his family is in Lincoln.

Dude you keep moving the goalposts. We were talking about Ohio state and Oklahoma and now you’ve moved the argument to Minnesota and Purdue. But if you’re going to keep on digging your hole I’ll be your huckleberry. We were down in the fourth quarter 28-17 to Purdue and scored a late touchdown with about a minute and a half left to cut it to the final score of 28-23. That’s what bookies like to call a back door cover, even though we were favored and lost at home. Against Minnesota we never lead and in the fourth quarter we were behind by 30-16. With a little over a minute left we scored to make the final 30-23. Another back door close game. Yes they were parts of the game we were still in it but it was late scores that made both games appear closer in the end. now I’m sure you’re gonna try to argue some more about how we should’ve won those games so have it. I will try to keep your embarrassment to a minimum.
Comedy. You said you never said we were not in the games. I showed you where you did. And you still deny it

We made a huge comeback to get in the game against Illinois. We were really never in the Purdue or Minnesota games and these will be 3 games many will pencil in as wins next year like we do every year. It never felt like we were going to win the Oklahoma game or the Ohio State game even though we stayed close.
One more time

One more time
OK, whatever you say. Scoring late touchdowns to get games within seven points to me does not equate to us being in games but to each their own and you did originally argue Ohio State and Oklahoma. You bring up mistakes we made which prevented scoring opportunities but so could the opposition. At the end of the day you go girl, celebrate 3–9 and 15-29. It’s kind of embarrassing to me.

OK, whatever you say. Scoring late touchdowns to get games within seven points to me does not equate to us being in games but to each their own and you did originally argue Ohio State and Oklahoma. You bring up mistakes we made which prevented scoring opportunities but so could the opposition. At the end of the day you go girl, celebrate 3–9 and 15-29. It’s kind of embarrassing to me.
Lol. You said "were never in the Purdue and Minnesota games."

Care to revise that bs statement? Facts don't agree with you, huh?

The alternative is either quit trying youre behind or the oppositions defense did because they were ahead.
This is what youre saying looks like

On offense, other than going to the TE, anyone name 2 bread and butter plays?
If anyones having a tough time doing so, then an answer may be one of two things, either the HC doesnt believe in them or the assistants cant get his guys to run them extremely well.
Are there more possibilities? Potentially, but it was obvious we weren't great at any one thing on offense other than throwing to or using the TEs in plays.
I really hate to say this but our most consistent play was a busted play that AM ran the ball on.

The longer we go without a consistent pass rush the more I start to think that might be by design. Kinda like the old read and react defense when we had Suh and Crick.

Except we don't have Suh or Crick.
Interesting that you brought this up. We know how important a pass rush is for creating havoc and forcing mistakes by the quarterback. And yet….we were the worst in P5 for protecting the quarterback and our fans blamed the quarterback for our losses. Heck we got one critic on here who thinks the pass blocking is just fine.

Interesting that you brought this up. We know how important a pass rush is for creating havoc and forcing mistakes by the quarterback. And yet….we were the worst in P5 for protecting the quarterback and our fans blamed the quarterback for our losses. Heck we got one critic on here who thinks the pass blocking is just fine.
So you're saying that we've got multiple issues that need correcting? :Eek:

Negotiations? He may also have had competing offers.

@NU_Alum You have far more knowledge and connections to the program than I do, so I’m sure you have very good reasons for laughing at the idea of competing offers, and I’m curious as to what they are. Is he considered damaged goods within CFB? Is he a good recruiter and a bad coach? Or is he such a strong fan of NU he wouldn’t consider other offers? Plz DM me if you don’t want to post them on the board.

We were in the 2001 Colorado game when it was 0-0.
Love the way how we were leading against Purdue in the 3rd and down 21 16 deep in the third at the 1 foot line and were "never in it."

Love how we were driving to win or send it in OT against 4 top 10 teams on the last possession and we were not in it.

Do you understand sports?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back