• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bill Busch to be OFFICIALLY named ST Coordinator

Sure, I don't disagree. While at the same time HCSF has put together one of the most disciplined and fundamentally sound defenses together. I am sure Chins played a big role but if you want to blame HCSF for "so much deeper issues" then he has to be responsible for the success as well.

A big role? How about he and his defensive staff played the entire roll. Less we forget what SF said about the defense...

C

The defense wasn’t as good as some here like to claim. They where slightly above average. They just impressed because the offense sucked so bad. GBR!!!!!

The defense wasn’t as good as some here like to claim. They where slightly above average. They just impressed because the offense sucked so bad. GBR!!!!!

Agree but they did shut down some potent offenses. Would you agree that if the offense could have sustained more long drives with less three and outs and flipped the TOP that the defense would have been even better?

Time Of Possession
Avg. Per Game AVG/G28:5331:07

C

Agree but they did shut down some potent offenses. Would you agree that if the offense could have sustained more long drives with less three and outs and flipped the TOP that the defense would have been even better?

Time Of Possession

C
And to make that happen brings more scoring.
Its why SF says we are so close, and we are.

Time Of Possession

C
Yes I can agree with you on that. I think we had abs have some good players. I believe the scheme and attitude is soft. I don’t believe in bend but don’t break. I like attacking and blitzing defense that hits hard and is a little nasty. Sure they get beat by some big plays that way but I enjoy it more.

Last edited:

Time Of Possession

C
I hear many go on and on about being in a bend but don’t break Defense. You can’t have it both ways while bitching about time of possession. If your defense can’t get off the field you’re going to be on the wrong side of the time of possession game. Ideally you want more drives from your offense and more three and outs from your defense.

Man, I don't know. It wasn't elite, but it was pretty dang good. My biggest issue is they made some bad offenses look decent and then shut down some real potent offenses. Just a weird season all around.

And to make that happen brings more scoring.
Its why SF says we are so close, and we are.
We were close last year. Whether or not that continues to be true next year remains to be seen. There will be a lot of changes for next year, including a new/changed Offense, a new QB, and several Defensive players who haven't been on the field much. I sure hope Mr Whipple can figure out how to "squeeze" opposing Defenses effectively next year...... :Biggrin:

We were close last year. Whether or not that continues to be true next year remains to be seen. There will be a lot of changes for next year, including a new/changed Offense, a new QB, and several Defensive players who haven't been on the field much. I sure hope Mr Whipple can figure out how to "squeeze" opposing Defenses effectively next year...... :Biggrin:
For them ,our opponents, I hope they find him wiping them out, and nothing but charmin for us

Close as in response was a small increase in TOP would likely also have to include more scoring.
And being so close in games means a little can mean a lot.
Previous coaches got us to here, but not good enough

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back