• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

I wonder if Trev ever looks on here to see what the pulse of the die hard fans are.... I think almost all of us at this pint have become apathetic and hope is all but gone.... Tough situation for him to be in. I wonder how the rest of the fans are going to act as far as going to games, caring, etc. with our current (and same old) trajectory. It would take a miracle for Frost and Co. to make us great or even good again consistently or even for three straight games.

I hate to say it but I think I have finally thrown in the mental towel. I will still watch and follow if I have nothing better to do but I'm so used to losing now that I dont even get surprised or upset that much anymore. My wife wondered where the bad words were from me today. After the first quarter, I had a hard time caring again....sad place for us to be but I think reality showed itself today...always a Husker but an apathetic one now...

Saw last part of Scott's post conference; same old bs. Never took blame for anything. Just the same old: we thought, etc!!!! Had a play all set up, but...blah, blah, blah!! Incoherent, at best.

He sounds pretty in over his head. I don't think he has a single clue how to get over the hump in spite of some very obvious things to the rest of us. The comments on the goal line play really stood out to me. Did he not consider exactly what had happened? If you go out of the shotgun you have X% of things that can go bad before you even reach the line of scrimmage. That's one reason why you still QB sneak. Another is you have a large QB in AM and a large RB in Yant to push him in the back. And lastly it doesn't matter how well Minnesota has defended it what is the sample size on that? Can't be that big. I think Scott misses those things a lot. I don't know why. I suspect he's very biased in his thinking towards his impulses and tends to rationalize bad decisions but that's just sepculation.

Saw last part of Scott's post conference; same old bs. Never took blame for anything. Just the same old: we thought, etc!!!! Had a play all set up, but...blah, blah, blah!! Incoherent, at best.
To be fair, I heard “that’s on me”, and “I have to be better”, and more mea culpas than usual. And he seemed more conversational than he often is. But yea, it was a lot “just the same old” because, well, it was the same old.

I tend not to overreact after wins or losses. Some changes need to be made. Just wondering what we would look like with Smothers
Agree! OU did it during a rivalry game and look what happened. I don’t understand why Frost won’t make a change. He’s going to ride the broken pony until it’s dead I guess.

He sounds pretty in over his head. I don't think he has a single clue how to get over the hump in spite of some very obvious things to the rest of us. The comments on the goal line play really stood out to me. Did he not consider exactly what had happened? If you go out of the shotgun you have X% of things that can go bad before you even reach the line of scrimmage. That's one reason why you still QB sneak. Another is you have a large QB in AM and a large RB in Yant to push him in the back. And lastly it doesn't matter how well Minnesota has defended it what is the sample size on that? Can't be that big. I think Scott misses those things a lot. I don't know why. I suspect he's very biased in his thinking towards his impulses and tends to rationalize bad decisions but that's just speculation.
Go deep

I wonder if Trev ever looks on here to see what the pulse of the die hard fans are.... I think almost all of us at this pint have become apathetic and hope is all but gone.... Tough situation for him to be in. I wonder how the rest of the fans are going to act as far as going to games, caring, etc. with our current (and same old) trajectory. It would take a miracle for Frost and Co. to make us great or even good again consistently or even for three straight games.

I hate to say it but I think I have finally thrown in the mental towel. I will still watch and follow if I have nothing better to do but I'm so used to losing now that I dont even get surprised or upset that much anymore. My wife wondered where the bad words were from me today. After the first quarter, I had a hard time caring again....sad place for us to be but I think reality showed itself today...always a Husker but an apathetic one now...
Welcome to the club, reached Club Apathy a while ago, healthier for sure. :(

John Cook had the moxie to bench a 3 time all american!! Lincoln Riley benched Spencer Rattler. Frost needs to roll with Smothers rest of the year!

I want to say that keeping Frost is the right move, but after today, I'm not so sure anymore.

Why would anyone want to play for a team that loses all of the time? Its getting really old
I agree just think that the buyout is too high

Was feeling fairly down, until I turned on Iowa game. Purdue is going to thump us, but we're going 3-9 anyway. So, I'll just celebrate Iowa losing. They ducked 3 of the 4 good B1G teams on their schedule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back