• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

Man, 90% of comments last week were why did we not play Yant more, sitting him for not knowing playbook and costing a critical drive. Also, heard stupid coaches, why don’t you line up and run your big back Yant when you need a yard instead Martinez on second to last drive vs Michigan.

Now, why did we run Yant needing 3 inches (when Johnson got knocked out on a head to head hit and Martinez likely got in on 3rd down). I agree with you it was a poor play by Yant, stumbling from start…., but not necessarily the play call.

Bottom line is Coaches can’t win with fans and can’t win close games. Another game we could’ve should’ve, but didn’t. Will it ever change? I hope so because I think the opposite of getting rid of Frost will lose to the transfer portal most of our talent and we will sink into the abyss as truly bad team that gets run over in blowouts week after week.

As far as portal goes, there is one that needs to transfer and we need to find a replacement. I think Culp needs to find a new place where he can thrive, his head is spinning here with so much bad juju and I think he is done.

Fear of the unknown is not a reason to retain a losing coach with a losing culture.

C

What would Frost look like with a different quarterback? I believe there’s times he does call successful plays and Martinez just doesn’t deliver. It cost 25 million to replace Frost and zero to try something different at quarterback. We have four losing seasons with Martinez at the helm. Pressure wasn’t the issue today. Just another game where our quarterback pissed it away. That’s why he’s not on draft boards and why coaches scheme to take his legs away. He’s not an elite passer period. I honestly would be ok with starting over.
Much better. That’s on him!

Whoever is calling plays shouldn't be. There are one or two plays every series of downs wasted when run through the center and guards. That play has not made one inch in 4 years. When you run 15 play and only one of them is executed successfully, you are not going to win any games. It starts with the offensive line. EVERYONE recruited should be an offensive lineman until we can five that can run block. Unfortunately it takes 5 years for an offensive lineman to be ready to play here. Is there an uninjured kicker available.

Whoever is calling plays shouldn't be. There are one or two plays every series of downs wasted when run through the center and guards. That play has not made one inch in 4 years. When you run 15 play and only one of them is executed successfully, you are not going to win any games. It starts with the offensive line. EVERYONE recruited should be an offensive lineman until we can five that can run block. Unfortunately it takes 5 years for an offensive lineman to be ready to play here. Is there an uninjured kicker available.
At least they quit trying that dang swing pass every 3rd play. I swear that thing was so obvious it was coming, slow to get going and always lost yards. I guess toward the end it started only losing 3 yards per play as opposed to 5, that's progress around here.

No, neither could.

Scott might be able to be a good assistant somewhere, although I'm not sure at what assistant's job. But he is not a head coach. He's proved that here.
It’s possible he looks different with different coaches and another quarterback. I don’t really disagree with you either though.

Scott imo is an elite offensive coordinator. Not so much a HC.

That is in his wheelhouse.

No shame in that.

Bill Callahan is an elite OL coach. Not so much a HC.

Again, no shame in that.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back