• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

I don't know who is in charge of running back rotation, I will give them kudos for sticking with Johnson, he has become a baller, but the decision on Yant has to be taken away, he doesn't now the plays, (cost us last week) and can't, won't run behind his pads. he cost us again today. Good lord, why do you put in a kid that has only played in three games in when you are in a dogfight. Stepp or Morrison would have scored easily. it is about playing time and confidence. I feel sorry for Stepp, dude came here and could make a difference, and can't even get on the field anymore, and he knows what it is like to play in big games and in tight situations.
Man, 90% of comments last week were why did we not play Yant more, sitting him for not knowing playbook and costing a critical drive. Also, heard stupid coaches, why don’t you line up and run your big back Yant when you need a yard instead Martinez on second to last drive vs Michigan.

Now, why did we run Yant needing 3 inches (when Johnson got knocked out on a head to head hit and Martinez likely got in on 3rd down). I agree with you it was a poor play by Yant, stumbling from start…., but not necessarily the play call.

Bottom line is Coaches can’t win with fans and can’t win close games. Another game we could’ve should’ve, but didn’t. Will it ever change? I hope so because I think the opposite of getting rid of Frost will lose to the transfer portal most of our talent and we will sink into the abyss as truly bad team that gets run over in blowouts week after week.

As far as portal goes, there is one that needs to transfer and we need to find a replacement. I think Culp needs to find a new place where he can thrive, his head is spinning here with so much bad juju and I think he is done.

Last edited:

How in the world do you recruit to this program right now? sell-out streak - lets be honest, that is a fantasy? 5 national titles before they were born? great facilities - everyone has that now?? A ton of losing??

Its a really hard sell anyway... now it has to be nearly impossible. Our current class doesn't look good at all.
But it’s a small class…. Funny you could have a small class and still have a four star or two. Not this year. Can’t spin the recruiting this year at all. I suspect we may get a defection or two as well.

Smothers has shown a very bad case of the one and go. Against Michigan state, he came in and on two different throws, the first option was there and thus he went to take off, both stuffed at the line. That’s not good game management and certainly not going to get the chains moving. People said the same thing about McCaffrey and we see how it turned out
If we don't have a backup QB on the roster who can manage the game and move the chains at least enough to give them a shot, it sounds to me like we might not have recruited well at QB.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back