• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

I remember just a week or so ago folks talking about Martinez being a wildcat QB in the NFL. This delusion was caused by those that think closer losses to good teams was a sign of progress. In most instances we caught them a bit off guard, and in the end they won. Losing closer than expected to decent teams and getting boat raced by sorry teams like Minny is not progress. Illinois was not a fluke and Martinez is truly horrible. Even his backers have to admit that they are more surprised than anything when he actually completes a pass.

Bbbb...but we played 8 games in a row. Anyone have the stats available for our record after bye weeks? I bet we were beat by both good and bad teams alike after our previous bye weeks.

I think the effort was there the execution was lacking. Also these young men have played a tuff 8 games to this point where everyone else has had a bye week.
I disagree. I saw defensive linemen taking plays off and putting out very little effort. For some reason, we weren't anywhere near ready to play that game mentally.

Does anyone know:
In the last 15 years, how many P5 head coaches have received a 5th year after 4 sub .500 seasons and zero bowl games? Of those, how many turned it around and had successive winning seasons in subsequent years (not necessarily starting in the 5th year)?
Maybe McCartney at CU?

I would bet Smothers could be a good game manager and just move the chains and not make too many bad decisions. His Dad is very successful coach. We don't need the chunk plays so much. Just take care of the football
Smothers has shown a very bad case of the one and go. Against Michigan state, he came in and on two different throws, the first option was there and thus he went to take off, both stuffed at the line. That’s not good game management and certainly not going to get the chains moving. People said the same thing about McCaffrey and we see how it turned out

Chin as HC should be the backup plan. We need to keep him here. That was a hell of a halftime adjustment and defensive effort and a complete cowardly choke job on offense. They don’t want the spotlight at all. Defense has accountability and pride. Huge difference.
I wouldn't want to remove Chin from what we know he does well. Head coaching is an entirely different animal.

College Football to Nebraska:

D68B2A43-E74D-492C-8DDC-04B775C33AF9.jpeg

Does anyone know:
In the last 15 years, how many P5 head coaches have received a 5th year after 4 sub .500 seasons and zero bowl games? Of those, how many turned it around and had successive winning seasons in subsequent years (not necessarily starting in the 5th year)?

Don't truly know.....but I would bet it would be, not many.

Does anyone know:
I ask because I believe Trev keeps Frost another year, but wonder how rare of a move that is.

Does anyone know:
its a great question. My guess is that its pretty slim.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back