• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

If, which I don't think will happen, SF goes and we get a good recruiting coach (there are such guys) we could round up a good team next year from the portal and JCs. coaches have done similar things.

My lord, if the guy won 6 games next year we would be estatic.

Just wathced the talking heads on BIG. They did their best to not criticize SF, but had a hard time avoiding the topic. These are the same guys that for a couple of weeks now have been trumpeting how much improved NU has looked recently.

Frost decision to be in shotgun on 4th and 1 is unforgivable. I'm serious, a good coach doesn't do crap like that.
I dont agree. Texas Tech with their Air Raid offense years ago. I could easily see that being a good call; however, with this team, bonehead decision.

Last edited:

Smothers has shown a very bad case of the one and go. Against Michigan state, he came in and on two different throws, the first option was there and thus he went to take off, both stuffed at the line. That’s not good game management and certainly not going to get the chains moving. People said the same thing about McCaffrey and we see how it turned out
Yes Smothers will need more time and reps! Let him get his feet wet and he will maybe improve. I don't see what we have to lose!

What would Frost look like with a different quarterback? I believe there’s times he does call successful plays and Martinez just doesn’t deliver. It cost 25 million to replace Frost and zero to try something different at quarterback. We have four losing seasons with Martinez at the helm. Pressure wasn’t the issue today. Just another game where our quarterback pissed it away. That’s why he’s not on draft boards and why coaches scheme to take his legs away. He’s not an elite passer period. I honestly would be ok with starting over.

While no one could successfully argue that AM is clutch, he is better than most realize. Doing a lot with very little on the Oline.

NEVER has AM had a good line and snap to work with. Oline, kicking, and some coaching are the trouble spots for Nebraska.

Kicking is new this year. The other two... Consistent for at least 4 years.

Nonsense, there has only been one bad snap this season and on the safety he had a pocket and time at the 5 yard line. There were many other times today that he had a good pocket with time and yet failed.

C

I dont agree. Texas Tech with their Air Raid offense years ago. I could easily see that being a good call; however, with this team, bonehead decision.
In the flow of the game, its fine. But when your team desperately needs a TD, one must eliminate issues. Putting your QB in shotgun is an issue. Frost doesn't understand that for some reason.

Last edited:

If, which I don't think will happen, SF goes and we get a good recruiting coach (there are such guys) we could round up a good team next year from the portal and JCs. coaches have done similar things.

My lord, if the guy won 6 games next year we would be estatic.

Just wathced the talking heads on BIG. They did their best to not criticize SF, but had a hard time avoiding the topic. These are the same guys that for a couple of weeks now have been trumpeting how much improved NU has looked recently.
We have some play makers here already. We just need to get them involved in the game.

While no one could successfully argue that AM is clutch, he is better than most realize. Doing a lot with very little on the Oline.

NEVER has AM had a good line and snap to work with. Oline, kicking, and some coaching are the trouble spots for Nebraska.

Kicking is new this year. The other two... Consistent for at least 4 years.
He's horrible, even with time. What's our record with a mid level guy like Heaner? Probably 2 losses. He's is not better than we realize, he just isn't good and his record proves it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back