• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My initial thoughts on us playing

Flu is low in Australia which is apparently what we gauge it on? Still worried that flu can cause some positive Covid tests, though I have no clue if that’s accurate.
The ministry of health credits low flu to record number of people getting the flu shot. For what it’s worth

With the changes to eligibility do you play more younger players 2’s and RS. For experience sake, or do you go for the wins? With this year being so weird.

I think Ohio State will look silly if they underachieve, but no one connected with Nebraska made any claims that they were pushing for the season because they had such a good team this year and didn't want to waste it.
There is an awful lot of "you guys did a lot of complaining just to have another losing season" circulating on social media. I'd prefer we shut those clowns up.

Last edited:
getting closer.

You sly devil you.

1600289204542.png

Last edited:

There is an awful lot of "you guys did a lot of complaining just to have another losing season" circulating on the social media. I'd prefer we shut those clowns up.

It is hard to say how the season plays out. If NU gets Rutgers and MSU as their crossover games I think they could end up as good as 6-2. If they get PSU and OSU they may end up as low as 3-5.

With that being said they need to play games to get better. I think they are confident that they are ready to compete. I think that is why we have seen so much "complaining".

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I'm happy to hear that!
When all of this came out, we did send our guys to work out on their own and do things from home. I thought we needed that anyway, get out of the weight room and work on agility and speed. However, i'm not really talking about that and just think that was a welcome thing to see.

Eventually after Frost sent the kids home, he got some texts from certain kids that basically said in some form or another "I can't work out, I can't eat like I can there, I can't avoid people or the virus as well as I could here" and our head coach got them back to Lincoln. Eventually every player started getting wind of them letting the guys back and wanted to be part of it. While at that time it was just getting them back up here in a "safer" area, he then started working on what they could do to help these kids. Slowly and behind closed doors, we opened the weight room for some kids and while the strength staff couldn't be there, they still had access to their workouts and cameras if they wished to view what was going on for correction. Frost and his team worked on box lunches from the training table for kids that many other schools weren't doing, trying to keep nutrition as good as it could be (training table closed in August unfortunately but we were still ahead of the curve).

But the biggest thing is as other schools were sending kids home thinking we wouldn't be playing until November at the earliest, Frost and his staff were working to get kids ready as if we were playing a couple weeks from now. That was always the mindset, now they are in a much better spot than many other places that have given us fits in the past. Which tweet would you want about your team:

Last edited:

I also think this is good news for winter sports particularly basketball ... football will push its way through this with schools doing everything they can to make it happen ... but if football can start up in October ... basketball should be able to do so as well with time still on its side.
I'm not as worried about basketball. Not making a political statement but just stating that its quite possible focus will be elsewhere after the election and some restrictions will lessen.

When all of this came out, we did send our guys to work out on their own and do things from home. I thought we needed that anyway, get out of the weight room and work on agility and speed. However, i'm not really talking about that and just think that was a welcome thing to see.

Eventually after Frost sent the kids home, he got some texts from certain kids that basically said in some form or another "I can't work out, I can't eat like I can there, I can't avoid people or the virus as well as I could here" and our head coach got them back to Lincoln. Eventually every player started getting wind of them letting the guys back and wanted to be part of it. While at that time it was just getting them back up here in a "safer" area, he then started working on what they could do to help these kids. Slowly and behind closed doors, we opened the weight room for some kids and while the strength staff couldn't be there, they still had access to their workouts and cameras if they wished to view what was going on for correction. Frost and his team worked on box lunches from the training table for kids that many other schools weren't doing, trying to keep nutrition as good as it could be (training table closed in August unfortunately but we were still ahead of the curve).

But the biggest thing is as other schools were sending kids home thinking we wouldn't be playing until November at the earliest, Frost and his staff were working to get kids ready as if we were playing a couple weeks from now. That was always the mindset, now they are in a much better spot than many other places that have given us fits in the past. Which tweet would you want about your team:

Heard you hint at some of this in a few threads. Thanks for the insight. This was as positive as I have heard so far.

Heard you hint at some of this in a few threads. Thanks for the insight. This was as positive as I have heard so far.
It was actually quite fascinating to hear the things that were popping up we had to deal with...

So you send them home to workout on their own. Their high school gyms were closed, not open. Most gyms were closed. Ok so now you found an Anytime Fitness in a strip mall that stayed open, all of a sudden the kid has to pay for that to have access and some kids don't have that money laying around. Once they do get a membership, how was that Anytime Fitness guaranteeing they were cleaning properly? That's when Frost finally came to the conclusion that having a kid pay to workout, hopefully pool enough money together to get a McDonalds Extra Value meal, and then not be in an environment that was taking every precaution necessary wasn't as good as keeping them in Lincoln. Take our Covid rate being lower than most the country, kids being able to eat right here, workout in strict safety/cleaning standards, and maintaining a better "bubble" and you have this:

Eventually, we quietly had about 95% of our team back working out here while other programs just sent their kids home. Frost, Duval, Moos, and everyone deserve major kudos. We have a leg up on most of our opponents this year.

If we have to play Ohio state, make it the first game. Gbr.
I don't think it matters when we play them. I'd actually advocate to play Iowa first game and end the losing streak. This will be the year.

But Purdue is a close second. Frost has never beat them, but if ever there was a year, it's when they are installing a new defense and we are further ahead of them in S&C during the pandemic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back