• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where *** was wrong

I am saying frost doesn’t want to run the football, Frost wants to throw the football.

The numbers say otherwise though. I think Frost would love it if they ran the ball (successfully) 75% of the time. That's when he would know his offense is humming.

I am saying frost doesn’t want to run the football, Frost wants to throw the football.
This doesn't make sense.

If Scott was all about passing the ball, he wouldn't have Betts and Alante sitting on the pine the entire game. Instead, he rolls out the vanilla crew 80% of the time because they can <drum roll please> RUN BLOCK.

We are 46th in the country in rushes per game, while being 101st in pass attempts.

I don't get where you are coming from at all. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

This doesn't make sense.

If Scott was all about not wanting to run the ball, he wouldn't have Betts and Alante sitting on the pine the entire game. Instead, he rolls out the vanilla crew 80% of the time because they can <drum roll please> RUN BLOCK.

We are 46th in the country in rushes per game, while being 101st in pass attempts.

I don't get where you are coming from at all. I'm sorry.
"there's lies, damn lies, and statistics"

if scott wanted to run the football, we would have at least one running back have over 100yards on the season by now. it is a fact that we are 46th in the country in rushes per game, but how many of those are actually broken down pass plays? how many of those are actually running back hand offs with down blocking? i think that's the point @70county was trying to make.

if your top 2 quarterbacks are your leading rushers, and a wide receiver rounds up your top 3 for rushing, before we ever see a running back on that rushing yards statistic, then i don't think you actually truly want to "run the ball".

if scott wanted to run the football, we would have at least one running back have over 100yards on the season by now. it is a fact that we are 46th in the country in rushes per game, but how many of those are actually broken down pass plays? how many of those are actually running back hand offs with down blocking? i think that's the point @70county was trying to make.

if your top 2 quarterbacks are your leading rushers, and a wide receiver rounds up your top 3 for rushing, before we ever see a running back on that rushing yards statistic, then i don't think you actually truly want to "run the ball".

The flip side is if SF was so pass happy, we wouldn't be 101st in pass attempts per game either. I believe last year we ran the ball 70% of the time as well. He WANTS to run a lot, we just suck at it badly this year.

His one proven back is hurt. He is working with freshmen backs and a terrible line. It can't be that hard to understand that you are limited with those kids. He's even spoke about R. Johnson not trusting himself and the fact that the younger guys struggle in other aspects of the game (i.e., pass blocking assignments, running with conviction, hitting the right holes, etc).

So no, he wouldn't necessarily have a back with 100 yards on the season. Is that a bad stat to possess? Hell yes. But the problem isn't about wanting to run or pass, because if you know Scott, running is as big a part of the game as passing, it's about trying to make chicken soup out of the massive, heaping pile of chick shite sitting in front of him. I'm critical of the guy in a lot of ways, but this new accusation about Scott is a joke .

If you don't think he likes to run, why did he run it 60% of the time at UCF in 2018 and 53% of the time in 2017?

Last edited:
The flip side is if SF was so pass happy, we wouldn't be 101st in pass attempts per game either. I believe last year we ran the ball 70% of the time as well. He WANTS to run a lot, we just suck at it badly this year.
Exactly. Folks are now just LOOKING for something, when in fact there are plenty of legit arguments people can have about how he is running this team. This is not one of them.

the offense as a whole sucks. i don't think you can show that he "wants to run a lot". if he wanted to, the running backs would have a lot more attempts at it.
now, i personally think what he wants to do is "get the ball in a playmakers hands", whatever that means (he's said that multiple times). that's a bit different from something as "simple" as "running the ball". it just so happens that right now, he thinks his playmakers are austin allen, wandale, and luke. nothing necessarily wrong with that either.

His one proven back is hurt. He is working with freshmen backs and a terrible line. It can't be that hard to understand that you are limited with those kids. He's even spoke about R. Johnson not trusting himself and the fact that the younger guys struggle in other aspects of the game (i.e., pass blocking assignments, running with conviction, hitting the right holes, etc).

So no, he wouldn't necessarily have a back with 100 yards on the season. Is that a bad stat to possess? Hell yes. But the problem isn't about wanting to run or pass, because if you know Scott, running is as big a part of the game as passing, it's about trying to make chicken soup out of the massive, heaping pile of chick shite sitting in front of him. I'm critical of the guy in a lot of ways, but this new accusation about Scott is a joke .

If you don't think he likes to run, why did he run it 60% of the time at UCF in 2018 and 53% of the time in 2017?
well, his leading rusher is a redshirt freshman who he's called the future of the program. age has nothing to do with it.

i think if we saw anything close to the offense he had at ucf, we would all be excited. the issue here is that he's moved away from that, even though we know he clearly knows how to create and deploy a running attack. folks aren't "looking for something". just pointing out that the offense looks disjointed and all over the place, and one of the reasons is because we don't seem to want to commit to running the ball properly.

Last edited:
well, his leading rusher is a redshirt freshman who he's called the future of the program. age has nothing to do with it.

i think if we saw anything close to the offense he had at ucf, we would all be excited. the issue here is that he's moved away from that, even though we know he clearly knows how to create and deploy a running attack. folks aren't "looking for something". just pointing out that the offense looks disjointed and all over the place, and one of the reasons is because we don't seem to want to commit to running the ball properly.
Sorry. You are wrong about him not wanting to run. No matter how much you say it, does not make it true. And the stats from the time he became a head coach supports what I'm saying, and what others here are saying. Coach a game...one game with no proven running back. Let me know how that affects your game planning. You can't commit to something you don't trust.

Again, there are so many branches of the tree that you could hang your hat on in terms of complaining about Frost. This is not one of them. Not even close.

Sorry. You are wrong about him not wanting to run. No matter how much you say it, does not make it true. And the stats from the time he became a head coach supports what I'm saying, and what others here are saying. Coach a game...one game with no proven running back. Let me know how that affects your game planning. You can't commit to something you don't trust.

Again, there are so many branches of the tree that you could hang your hat on in terms of complaining about Frost. This is not one of them. Not even close.
to each his own, but you have shifted the original argument considerably.

This is true. Mills was in retrospect the most necessary piece of the offense coming back. He isn't a great back, but he's pretty good. The young guys still have a lot to learn.

SF is not supposed to be learning on the job For what we paid him, he should be a fully accomplished Power 5 coach - and he's not.
Maybe not exactly what you meant, but I want a coach constantly learning on the job. TO evolved his defense as well as his offense over the years. Was that learning on the job? I would say yes. We need a coach committed to always getting better and evolving with the game. Lifelong learners go much further in life than those who are close minded and think they know it all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back