• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where *** was wrong

There was some spitballing earlier about the way we lay out our practices, where we go full bore and then correct in the film room. There was speculation that perhaps allowing these types of "misses" to occur could in fact be contributing to "muscle memory" so to speak, so that even though they correct them later in the film room, they are actually encouraging these mistakes by allowing them to happen in scrimmage and not correcting at the time. The fact that we have actually regressed leads me to believe this could be a contributing factor.

Great post, I think we are simply an decent but undisciplined team with a tough schedule. I dont know the ins and outs of football, but if I was an opposing coach seeing average QB play, average at best WRs, and an inconsistent OL, I would stack the box.

I imagine the lack of bowl practices mixed with a lost spring practice set things back, but until DONU learns to not beat itself, the close losses will continue
I wouldn't call 1-4 or 10-19 decent. That is by definition a bad football team.

Where *** was wrong

I for one, am not going to point out that you may have been wrong. its all a game of speculation, trends, percentages, injuries, schemes, strengths, weaknesses, matchups, turnovers, penalties, and momentum. So what goes into a gameplan, and things we think might happen, are often skewed as the game plays out, due to the above factors. I love reading the thought process of what *** has to write, and he is right more often than not, its thought provoking, and compelling, at a minimum. ***, thanks for all you do for this website.

Very much so, and I should apologize for that as well. I will once someone tells me what they are.

Years from now, people will still be bringing up that joke and the newer folks will be like "What the heck are those idiots talking about? What the heck is a squat machine? Should I know what that is?"

Years from now, people will still be bringing up that joke and the newer folks will be like "What the heck are those idiots talking about? What the heck is a squat machine? Should I know what that is?"
“It’s what we brought back in 2018 per an article that stated the previous football staffs got rid of them which we could point to and add to their idiocy. Volleyball moved them to their workout routine to start using them, thus their national dominance. Getting them back to our football team in 2018 was the answer to our football issues and to get us performing like volleyball, but no one can tell us what they are and we have had two losing seasons in 2019 and 2020.”

Feel free to bookmark my summary.

I wouldn't call 1-4 or 10-19 decent. That is by definition a bad football team.
Good point. I was thinking "decent" because it seems like we can play with most teams and our recruiting is "decent." Our record is absolutely bad, 100%, but I still think we are an average-to-decent team with a pretty hard schedule.

Being a military man, I can't overstate the importance of buy-in. Culture is king and for whatever reason, Frosty seems to be having issues with that transition. I have zero inside knowledge and live in Georgia, but watching from afar, it appears the culture transition is still ongoing (lack of focus among other things). I think years of lost bowl practices and this past spring haven't helped and am encouraged when I see walkons winning starting roles. Instead of recruiting misses, I see kids who are inspired to get after it.

I dont think Frost or his coaches are idiots and they understand what it takes. It's a process, but I think this team beats the 2018 team (hopefully lol)

Asked and answered.

It’s none other than the vaunted ‘Husker Power Transformer’

Some assembly required.

I just imagined Frost and Duval sitting on the floor of the weight room with an opened box, a million screws, one of those little cheap allen wrenches, and a fold out set of directions with every language known to man in tiny writing. Oh and don't forget the foam that breaks off and gets everywhere.

Last edited:
I just imagined Frost and Duval sitting on the floor of the weight room with an opened box, a million screws, one of those little cheap allen wrenches, and a fold out set of directions with every language known to man in tiny writing. Oh and don't forget the foam that breaks off and gets everywhere.

Oh...and don't forget the prerequisite 12 pack of beer.

6 pages in. Quite disappointed. I was hoping for a rundown of other bad takes from ***.

***, I haven't rewatched a single game as it usually just pisses me off and am too busy for that. Do we run any true gap scheme? All I have seen is almost exclusively inside zone and midzone stuff with some draw and an occasional QB designed run. Don't we have some power, power read, and counter concepts in our playbook or are we strictly trying to MAJOR in zone and sucking at it cuz we can't climb to backer or get any horizontal movement? I mean with our TE strength wouldn't that help? Jesus at least a little more split zone from that TE/Wing set to see if we can create some creases?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back